Lake Yankton

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Fished a small club tournament Saturday the 21st, 10 guys, and plenty of wind. Water temp back up to 59 or 60 after the hard cold spell, tough conditions but a few bass cooperated. 25 fish weighed, big bass 3.5 pounds, and only 2 guys couldn’t come up with a keeper. The fish were in 4′ or less water and the hot baits seemed to be traps and spinnerbaits. Not a lot of weeds yet so there’s still a little stain to the water, all the wind probably didn’t help with that much either. With warmer weather this week and a full moon May 2nd it should just keep getting better.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks Fluff! I almost hit Lake Yankton Saturday but fished eyes below the dam instead. How did the wind treat you?

What club are you in?

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

The wind made boat control work. The non-boater out produced the boater in almost every case and walked away with the money. Made it just tough enough that the back seat fished a little beter than the front and on that lake its not like the guy up front had a big advantage to start with. Fish were scattered all over the flats so a cast in any directiion might get bit. Must have helped to pay all your attention to fishing and not boat control.

Still,,, I’ve had worst days. Everybody caught fish this time, if not a keeper, and it didn’t pour freezing rain. That’s about as close as you can come to making fish’n feel like work….. Just bought a new rain suite so even that wont be as bad from now on. Can’t stand to have the thought of work cross my mind and interfear with the worst day fish’n……

Headed south to Truman this weekend and I’ll have to suffer through a whole week rain or shine…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.