Africa 2012

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Wish I was holding back, but unfortunately life’s other things have kept me off the local lake.
    With the water temps dropping my guess is a main lake trolling bite and iron bridge for eyes, trolling with tube jigs and twister tails around the outside of the cemetary for crappies and gills on the cribs.
    I’ll have to get out there and test my theories.

Doc

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

From my experiences out there, Doc about hit it right.

2 weeks ago I couldn’t buy a Walleye but now they are starting to move into their fall haunts. Working a Jig/Minnow combo on drops from 9-13fow has been producing eye’s. Right now trolling is only getting me small bass and 2-4lb slimy hammerhandles
    Working cribs has produced some very nice gills in the last few weeks and working steep breaks for crappies has been producing quite well too.
    Remember, don’t rule-out going up river for those crappies this time of year…

Pete

Don Hanson

Ooh Wee, always nice to get a few perch like that.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Perch like that used to common place in the lake, nice to see one caught-what a dandy.
    With the warmer days scheduled ahead, I might be more in the boat than in the tree.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Here’s a few pics of the animals we have so far. Having an amazing time, there are so many different species of animals over here its crazy!! Still have 3 more days to hunt, will post story when I get back. Til then heres some pics.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Way jealous! Good luck on the rest of the hunt. Can’t wait to see more pics.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

A few more

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

What are you shooting for a gun? Looks lke a total dreamtrip!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

I shot the steenbuck and porcupine with a .22 and everything elso I shot with a 270-150 grain nosler partitions. And Shawns shooting a 375

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

That looks like a phenominal trip. Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics

big_g
    Isle, MN

Holy taxidermist bill… Jealous for sure Johnsy

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

X2 Awesome looking trip

neusch303

Quote:

That is why I doubt I will ever do the Africa trip above. After I got back from New Zealand the spending wasn’t over. In fact it was just getting started. Then you need a place to hang them all.

Awesome pics and trip Johnsy. Congrats

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I am not sure the deal Johnsy has but one person I know that went on an African trip had the taxidermy work included in the cost. Everything was shipped over when done and they did a great job. Price, if he was telling the truth, wasn’t crazy either. This was about 10 years ago and I believe he bid and won the trip through a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet.

Hunt of a lifetime for sure!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.