How well were you prepared?

• les_welch

Now that a majority of the big game seasons are winding down, how would you rate your readiness for the passing season?

My physical conditioning was proably an 8.5 out of 10. I will be better next year.

Mentally I was pretty much spot on, 9.5 out of 10, but I couldn’t change that unless I was hunting solo.

This was a huge trial run for a lot of new gear, a lot of which will make the cut, and some that won’t. One thing that never fails me is my Mathews bow, though, and I even upgraded that to the new Z7. It is shooting like a dream. Mid 280’s, and around 67 #’s of KE. In the next few weeks I’ll break down my gear list, and review what made the cut, and why, and what didn’t-and why it didn’t.

My research and map studying was also pretty good, 9 out of 10.

Remember for WI the application deadlines are looming up on the 10th, and WY already has the 2010 apps available!

Yesterday you said Tomorrow, Today is the day. Start planning your next adventure.

Besides my typical 1/2 dozen western states to apply for elk/muley/antelope, I am researching 3 new states for whitetail. Believe I have it narrowed down to, two. Can’t wait for the upcoming season.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I actually think I did pretty good…compared to what I & others expected. I did watch what I was eating/drinking in the months before my hunt, but I didn’t work out alot, but I did alot more than I would have without going on my trip I learned alot and hope to be able to apply it next year back in Montana Come on september… .. there I said it… I want Sept again already…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.