CO Elk Trip

• tmski

Not great at recapping/writing about hunts, but here are some pics from elk camp 09. We ended up with one 6×6 and one cow for 6 guys. It was a great week and we saw some animals, but we just couldn’t get it to all come together.

lick

great pics shiner gotta love the weather up there thanks for sharing

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Man does that look like a fun time.

Thanks for sharing Shiner!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Nothing like being up in God’s Country! I can’t wait to get back out there again! If you’ve never been out there you have to go! Thanks for sharing your pics shiner…now I really miss those mountains!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Beautiful. Do you guys own all your own equipment or do you rent?

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Those are awesome pictures looks like a blast

tmski

Quote:

Do you guys own all your own equipment or do you rent?

We do own it all. I own 2 of the Alaknak II’s, one guy owns the wall tent and another owns an Alaknak II. Been hunting with the same group for 8 years now and we’ve got it down pretty good. The wall tent is for eating, drinking and playing Euchre, Alaknak’s are for sleeping. It’s good living! Here’s some more pics.

This was the 6×6. Great elk for 3rd season public land in CO.

The head on him was HUGE!

tmski

A couple more

kooty
    Keymaster

Awesome, except for the PBR and the Packer flag. Both invoke the same reaction to my body.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Awesome, except for the PBR and the Packer flag. Both invoke the same reaction to my body.

Flag must have been used to patch a hole in the tent? Otherwise someone had too much PBR and hung it wrong!

tmski

Quote:

Quote:

Flag must have been used to patch a hole in the tent? Otherwise someone had too much PBR and hung it wrong!

I wondered if those pics would get a reaction like that, I should have known better…..

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

x2

kooty
    Keymaster

You should frame that 1st pic and have it on your wall at the office for those long days. Pretty darn cool!!

tmski

Quote:

You should frame that 1st pic and have it on your wall at the office for those long days. Pretty darn cool!!

That’s actually my buddy, I have a picture kind of like that from bowhunting out there. He has always wanted one like it and this was his first hunting trip out west so he took advantage of it.

MIFshrman
    Michigan

Looks like you had a good trip, Nate. I need to work on getting out there again next year…probably black powder.

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Very cool. That first pic is great, wouldn’t mind having it on my wall. Colorado is absolutely the only other state besides MN I would ever live. Can’t wait to hunt there some day. Consider yourself lucky

tmski

Quote:

Consider yourself lucky

I do every day of my life! (and not only because I hunt in CO)!!!

DIY hunting is very doable for the “average joe”. This trip was done for under $700 (counting gas and tag) and I had the chance at animals. If any one wants more details on how we do it, let me know and I will give you the details.

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

I would love to know the details on how to do this. It has always been a dream of mine, if you could please explain or if you prefer PM me. I have to start planning ASAP! Thanks.

tmski

Quote:

I would love to know the details on how to do this. It has always been a dream of mine, if you could please explain or if you prefer PM me. I have to start planning ASAP! Thanks.

I’ll start another post tomorrow night with the details and try to answer any questions anyone has.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Very cool and great pic’s

X3 on the beer and packers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.