Dan White’s eleventh trophy archery Bull!

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

This is my college buddy Dan White. Dan is one of those few of us who started with a recurve and never quit. Dan is originally from Clare Mi, but relocated to Cody Wyo after college.
    Dan is 58 years old and in very good shape. He shoots a 65# recurve and has taken most of the Grand Slam animals in N America. At one time held had the #1 P&Y Shiras Bull Moose. Dan is my “bowhunting hero”. Here is the email note;

Hello Tom, Hope all is well with you . We had a pack trip to watch Grizzlies and watch we did. 25 Grizz in two days on the upper North Fork. They were everywhere.
    Last week I called in a huge bull elk that just about ran me over. He spooked at three yds. and stopped and looked back at ten. I’ve attached his photo, He green scores 415 gross and 400 net. What an adrenaline rush!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice rack Not much for a body though…

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

That is one great bull! I would love to sit down and talk hunting with a guy that’s shot that many great animals.

congrats Dan

lick

Pretty cool he must be a very good hunter

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

He is not a kind of guy that would care for notoriety about his accomplishments. He truly loves spot/stalk/calling with the traditional equipment.

The area is thick with Grizzlys. That Elk was skinned, quartered, and on the pack animals ASAP…Hence no nice set up pics. Dan really doesn’t care. There are a couple other phenomenal bow hunters I know that tell no one about the huge bucks they shoot until you get to know them and go look at the mounts in their dens…or the racks nailed to their garages.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Awesome Bully Boy
    Congrats to the man

TeamBurbot

congrats!! thats awesome, must be one heck of a rush to be that close to a animal of that size

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

He is not a kind of guy that would care for notoriety about his accomplishments.
    Dan really doesn’t care. There are a couple other phenomenal bow hunters I know that tell no one about the huge bucks they shoot until you get to know them and go look at the mounts in their dens…or the racks nailed to their garages.

I know some guys like that too….

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

What a great looking bull! Thanks for sharing Tom!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.