NORTH DAKOTA BIG HORN SHEEP HARVEST

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

The truth!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ok my friend Tony Hauck has done it again!

Earlier this month I posted a picture of him and an absolute beautiful Elk he harvested with his bow from Colorado. Well now he has gone and done it again. This time on October 12th while hunting the Badlands he harvested what is projected to be the 3rd Largest Big Horn Sheep in ND.

Congrats buddy on a well deserved Ram and one heck of a hunt. Maybe someday soon we can share another hunting or fishing camp..

Tony said it was the most physically and mentally demanding hunt he has ever been on by far and he has hunted quite a few big game in some far out places.

Here is some information on his hunt from the email he sent me with the pic.

Quote:

Scores 168, 10.5 years old, 10 days of scouting and 5 days of hunting, over 50 miles on foot in the badlands. Project to be #3 all-time in North Dakota. After I shot him he fell 150 feet off a cliff. I had seen him the week before season started and he had moved almost 5 miles by the time I found him late in the fourth day of season. We tried to get close to him that evening but couldn’t and he flushed out. Found him the next morning about mile from where we had last seen him the night before. Shot at 320 yards.

The most physically intense hunt I have been on. Really neat animals. Learned a lot about hunting them. If you guys ever get a tag let me know and I can share some insight and maybe give you a hand as I am addicted.

lick

very cool congrats Tony

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

What an awesome RAM! Congrats Tony!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Gotta love sheep!!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

That is huge…congrats to him on an awasome trophy…Jay

tmski

That is a dandy ram! Congrats!

coppertop
    Central MN

Congrats to him! Man he takes his hunting serious.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats Tony
    What a awesome ram

abster71
    crawford county WI

I’m sure I’ll never get that opportunity but for some reason that sheep hunting intrigues me on the hunting channel congrats on a fine animal

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Congrats to him! Man he takes his hunting serious.

You ain’t kidding, he always has!

I’m hoping to get a group of us College buddies together next Fall for some Western ND Muley & Whtetails. If those Florida Brothers would ever get their stuff in line.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I know zero about sheep hunting but that thing looks pretty impressive! Good job Tony!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Great job that thing is a brute!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.