My Father In Laws SD Elk

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Here is a pciture of my Father in laws elk he took off their property in SW South Dakota. He hates these things with a passion as they tear down cattle fences and eat a ton of his hay. Every Spring, I’m out there repairing those fences, so I guess I don’t like them either.

Congrats Jack on a nice SD Bull!

les_welch

Congrats on the bull, Jack. I like the snow in the background!

prieser
    Byron, MN

OK, I’ll volunteer my time and efforts to help take care of these pests for him.

DugMer

Congrats to the Father in-law.

lick

Nice Bull Jack

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice Bull Jack… reminds me of the one I didn’t shoot at….

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Way to go Jack!

Anonymous

congrats on a great bull

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

OK, I’ll volunteer my time and efforts to help take care of these pests for him.

X2
    Right there with you on that

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

OK, I’ll volunteer my time and efforts to help take care of these pests for him

Believe me I have looked into it the first time I saw a bull on their property but we can’t get tags. He has even checked into certain tags and see if he can give them to his kids or son in law but that was a no go also.

It looks like Elk steaks for Thanksgiving this year!

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Quote:

OK, I’ll volunteer my time and efforts to help take care of these pests for him

Believe me I have looked into it the first time I saw a bull on their property but we can’t get tags. He has even checked into certain tags and see if he can give them to his kids or son in law but that was a no go also.

It looks like Elk steaks for Thanksgiving this year!

Is it residence only??? Medium Rare Please

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The neighboring land owners form Sioux Falls downed another Elk on my Father in Laws land. A big ol’ SD 6×6. I will see if I can get any pics when I see him this weekend Pheasant hunting.

He said 2 less of those SOB’s to create havoc for him. 3 Bulls left.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yes, SD is resident only. I lost 9 years preference points when I moved to this god for saken no big game having state.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

What do you mean?

We have elk, moose, bear, and deer. Just becasue we don’t have your precious sheep, you don’t have to go all postal on us.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

There are NO moose. I hunted them stinkin’ things for 4 + days in the rain!!

Yes, I apply for the Mn elk tag each year,
    can’t say it looks like much of a hunt, but with a bow anything can be challenge. Elk, bear, kitty cats, now those are big game!! Hey, don’t hate on me cuz your state doesn’t have real big game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.