Minnkota Ipilot Link Remote Issue

• JasonP
    Twin Cities

Anybody had this issue with their Minnkota remote? It looks like its just a rubber molding with not much functional value but my unit is still under warranty so I’m debating making a warranty claim. I could probably even try gluing it back on. Thoughs?

Attachments:
    1. remote-1-scaled.jpg

2. remote-scaled.jpg

navtiller
    chippewa falls

Had the same thing happen, been using it without that piece for a year and a half with no problems.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I would give them a call. My old iPilot remote had rubber coming off and they sent me a new one and I was able to keep the old one which still worked as well. It was nice to have a backup. It not like you are ripping them off. The product failed.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I would give them a call. My old iPilot remote had rubber coming off and they sent me a new one and I was able to keep the old one which still worked as well. It was nice to have a backup. It not like you are ripping them off. The product failed.

That would be ideal. I figured they would want the old one back and then send me a refurbished one. If they let me keep the old one then there is no risk to me.

thx!

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Update: Finally got around to calling them today. They can’t repair this simple issue and are replacing the whole unit. They are asking me to send in my old one though.

Lou W

Update: Finally got around to calling them today. They can’t repair this simple issue and are replacing the whole unit. They are asking me to send in my old one though.

Call them back and ask their turn around around time…..you don’t want to give up a functioning remote to wait a month or longer till they can get you a replacement.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I think it’s pretty common, mine has been with out that for two years. I would guess your new remote will do the same thing, but a fresh remote with a new battery is nice.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Sorry I didn’t explain well. They are sending me out a new one in 2-3 days and I can keep my old one until the new one arrives. So that’s good.

I asked if they would be sending me a new or refurbished one and he said they don’t repair them… so the replacement will be new. Not sure why they want the old one back then. Just to make sure I’m not screwing them I guess.

Seems like a crappy design when they are replacing the whole unit for a molding issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.