Mille Lacs Rocky or Randy

• Mike Oak

Going to Mille Lacs tomorrow. Set on the southwest side. Rocky’s or Randy’s to get pointed in the right direction?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

John Odle or Randy James Simons? Now there’s a little story. whistling

For you…flip a coin.

Pauleye
    Onamia

Randy has a road out to the south tip of Sherman’s flat.
    Rocky’s road goes to Indian Point, it might go further.
    Andy let’s hear the story…

Mike Oak

Oh man…didn’t want to start anything.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Nah, you didn’t start anything. My bad, doah My dad would always tell me not to gossip so I’ll end with this. Randy never had a road to Indian Point/Rainbow Island…until this year! (Not gossip, just a fact)

So if you were planning on going out there, my advice would be the same for you…flip a coin.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Rocky also has roads further east into the lake to a series of gravel humps that can hold some nice fish.

Best scenario for anglers would be for Randy to continue to move north into that Shermans area and branch a few roads off into the flats. Rocky pretty much has all the popular structure covered with roads from Rocky Reef all the way up to Indian Point.

Mike Oak

Thanks fellas. Going to try Rocky’s. If I catch any I’ll post a report. If I don’t…I’ll quietly wallow in my shame.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If I don’t…I’ll quietly wallow in my shame.

The only reason you could wallow in your shame would be if you never tried. Good luck! waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Thanks fellas. Going to try Rocky’s. If I catch any I’ll post a report. If I don’t…I’ll quietly wallow in my shame.

That could be my Moniker, sadly enough. lol bawling

Pauleye
    Onamia

Please let us know how you do!

MNdrifter

If they ain’t biting it still beats sitting at home. I’m convinced beer tastes better on ML…….

It was a rough morning, but it got better after 24” of gold. yay

Attachments:
    1. B4344164-0F5A-4D42-B999-502AF72FEEDE.jpeg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Rocky also has roads further east into the lake to a series of gravel humps that can hold some nice fish.

Best scenario for anglers would be for Randy to continue to move north into that Shermans area and branch a few roads off into the flats. Rocky pretty much has all the popular structure covered with roads from Rocky Reef all the way up to Indian Point.

Well now you have your choice as Odle has mounted a counteroffensive and has pushed into Randy territory out on Shermans. He has sent his troops. I dunno, is this gossip if it’s true? Fun to watch, these guy’s going at it. Like a couple kids fighting in the playground. I’m just watching…taking no sides. Here is Rocky Reef post from today…

“We finally made it out to Sherman’s flat with a road from Indian Point to shermans mud flat. I have roads to the cut, the finger and the southeast tip.
    There’s about 20 in of great ice out there. So, it’s all good to go and we have a nice wide Road for you to travel on!”

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well Randy is not done yet. He has allies that are willing to engage face to face combat.
    Posted from Randy… hah

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1515888822288.jpg

2. FB_IMG_1515888806526.jpg

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I guess when you set up a resort a mile away from one of the oldest, most established resorts remaining on the lake, some toes will get stepped on and some feathers ruffled. Who knew?

They’re going to have to learn how to play nice or both will end up losers in this game. I’m just waiting for Randy to set up a road right to the tip of Rocky Reef and the two gravel bars. Ha

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Sounds like a guy might need to setup a lawn chair and a grill to take in the action.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Sounds like a guy might need to setup a lawn chair and a grill to take in the action.

Too cold out there for that. Best to rent a fish house from a neutral outfit and then sit on a couch in the fish house with 2 lines down. Popcorn goes well…

Attachments:
    1. popcorn.gif

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Will there be price wars to stir the pot?

Attachments:
    1. 9DBE19BE-1917-49D7-89CF-81B843AF26E9.jpeg

MNdrifter

I seen Randy had $10 on $10 off coupon for wheel houses. That’s a good deal. I wish all places had that.

Mike Oak

Went out to Indian point. Everyone had the same input out there, which was “very slow and no clear pattern”.

The pattern we established was, no fish. All good though, had a great time on the lake. As far as the two road warriors…sounds like the makings of a reality show.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.