Mille Lacs launches

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Hi guys,

Are all of the fishing launches on Mille Lacs the same? Or do others have better service?

TIA,

FDR

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They all kind of do the same thing in that they are a big pontoon style water craft that doesn’t go very fast to a spot to fish. They pretty much all bobber fish too.

Some are better than others at finding and catching fish though. I’ll let others comment on who they think are better. My experience personally is with Eddy’s, Hunter’s Point, and Fisher’s. I would rank Hunter’s Point as the top of those three.

I think there is a launch out of Garrison Sports that targets pike if you are interested in something other than walleyes. Right now I recommend going during the evening launch as daytime fishing will be hot and slower.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Thank you for sharing your experience Gimruis!

FDR

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thank you for sharing your experience Gimruis!

FDR

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience on the launches too.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

FWIW, I do not use the launches, but I fish Mille lacs every wknd and as many weekdays as I can from opener till mid October. I have fished a tournament or 2 out of Hunter’s and from what I know I would say they are the most fisherman oriented resort on the lake, and I see their launches in what I would consider good locations at the appropriate times

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

We took a launch out of McQuoids for my brothers bachelor party in early June. I think we had about 20 guys. It worked out to about 40.00 each. We did the 1 – 5 trip. They said the 6 – 10 pm trip typically catches more fish. They had all the equipment setup for slip bobber fishing. Decent equipment. We caught 31 fish, most between 18 – 22 inches. They had a grill for us to use. Brought our own booze and food. It was a blast and they did a great job.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

They all kind of do the same thing in that they are a big pontoon style water craft that doesn’t go very fast to a spot to fish. They pretty much all bobber fish too.

Some are better than others at finding and catching fish though. I’ll let others comment on who they think are better. My experience personally is with Eddy’s, Hunter’s Point, and Fisher’s. I would rank Hunter’s Point as the top of those three.

I think there is a launch out of Garrison Sports that targets pike if you are interested in something other than walleyes. Right now I recommend going during the evening launch as daytime fishing will be hot and slower.

Eddie’s aren’t

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

I could be wrong, but I am not sure Eddy’s is doing launches anymore, they don’t list launches on their website and I saw all their boats still on land when I drove by this afternoon.

Ripjiggen

Just look elsewhere instead of Eddies. Even if they had launches I would not recommend.
    Garrison sports
    Hunters point
    Appledorns
    McQuiods

In no particular order.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I could be wrong, but I am not sure Eddy’s is doing launches anymore, they don’t list launches on their website and I saw all their boats still on land when I drove by this afternoon.

You are correct. I just called up there and they said that launch service has been discontinued.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>slawrenz wrote:</div>

You are correct. I just called up there and they said that launch service has been discontinued.

Maybe someone can get a good deal on a bid red and white boat, even better if your name is Eddy, Otherwise they will probably just rot away

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.