Mille Lacs Bassmaster AOY Updates

• Angler II

Watching live now. Pretty dang cool!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

KVD – already at 21 Lb’s and culled almost 20 more – That’s crazy – It will be interesting to see how many 20 Lb. bags get weighed in today. Lets hope the wind does not pick up. It would be cool to see what kind of weight they can end up with if the weather does not come into play.

Timmy

I am as far as you can get from being a follower of bass fishing, but this tourney and the live updates get me pumped up. Very cool when compared to some of the tourneys that show the guys struggling to even get a limit. At only 1 hour into the day there were multiple big limits caught? Incredible.

T

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I am as far as you can get from being a follower of bass fishing, but this tourney and the live updates get me pumped up. Very cool when compared to some of the tourneys that show the guys struggling to even get a limit. At only 1 hour into the day there were multiple big limits caught? Incredible.

T

Same here…

This is the first time I’ve ever followed a bass tournament live but I have to say these guys do an awesome job with the live feed, blog, pictures, and basstrack. It’s kind of addicting peace

CaptainMusky

KVD is the Michael Jordan of BASS. The guy caught nearly 60# of fish in the first 2 hours? incredible.
    I don’t follow BASS very often. Sometimes I will catch an episode on TV and I will watch for a few minutes, but this does make me proud to see a local lake in the spotlight.

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Timmy wrote:</div>

T

Same here…

This is the first time I’ve ever followed a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass tournament live but I have to say these guys do an awesome job with the live feed, blog, pictures, and basstrack. It’s kind of addicting peace

I completely agree. The BASS guys sure know how to market a tournament. Light years ahead of walleye fishing tournaments.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

WOW, Just checked it,
    KVD has caught nearly 60# already, sitting at 21#8oz, culling away.

FYI: These are just guesses of weights by the Pro’s,
    from one of the Marshall’s, he says most are low balling the numbers.
    Look up Ford Guy on IDO, he is up there with a Pro. He was at LaCrosse last week too.

9:40am leaders

BASSTRAKK LEADERBOARD
    Rank Name Total
    Count / Weight / Back Livewell
    Count / Weight Today
    Count / Weight Culled
    Count / Weight
    1 Takahiro Omori 5 / 24-6 / 5 / 24-6 9 / 40-10 4 / 16-4
    2 Brett Hite 5 / 23-0 / 1-6 5 / 23-0 12 / 47-0 7 / 24-0
    3 Alton Jones 5 / 21-13 / 2-9 5 / 21-13 9 / 29-12 4 / 7-15
    4 Brent Ehrler 5 / 21-8 / 2-14 5 / 21-8 9 / 31-11 4 / 10-3
    4 Kevin VanDam 5 / 21-8 / 2-14 5 / 21-8 17 / 57-2 12 / 35-10

john23
    St. Paul, MN

What’s impresive to me is that it’s only 9:45 a.m. and the current leader has caught 9 fish, with an average of nearly 5# for the 5 he’s weighing and an average of over 4# for 4 he has culled. Wow!

Timmy

22 limits in under 3 hours….and the top 5 have limits better than most anglers will ever catch in their lives. Simply amazing, IMO.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It is addicting! Pretty cool to see them on Mille Lacs.
    Thanks for the link Will! I’ll have the FW call you when I don’t get anything done. jester

Charles

So will the small mouth bass record be beatig this week? 8lb 15oz

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

KVD – already at 21 Lb’s and culled almost 20 more – That’s crazy – It will be interesting to see how many 20 Lb. bags get weighed in today. Lets hope the wind does not pick up. It would be cool to see what kind of weight they can end up with if the weather does not come into play.

I have watched him (KVD) most of morning…from my living room. He caught a few big walleyes too….now he is out of my sight line to the west–toward Garrison. No doubt, based on my history, he found one of the best small “spots” on the lake for numbers of big smallies. When he stopped early this morning, I knew he knew…LOL

CaptainMusky

I have watched him (KVD) most of morning…from my living room. He caught a few big walleyes too….now he is out of my sight line to the west–toward Garrison. No doubt, based on my history, he found one of the best small “spots” on the lake for numbers of big smallies. When he stopped early this morning, I knew he knew…LOL

I think I know which spot you are referring to near where Goose and Maverick liked to play chicken. -)
    Some big fish coming in, would be awesome to see a fish approaching 7# come in. One guy reportedly has one over 6!

Charles

Where the heck takahiro fishing at? holy chit!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

10 fisherman with 5 fish limits approaching 20 Lb. and several fishermen with total catches of 50-60 Lb’s and were only about 1/2 way thru the day. Its nice to see the lake being showcased as the great Bass fishery it is. Great for the local economy as well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Unlike some tourneys where the weights drop way off after the 1st day, I don’t think they will on Mille Lacs. With them taking the day off on Sat. I think Sunday is setting up to be a slugfest to the end.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Per Will’s link the MN guy Seth Feider stuck a 6+ pounder! I agree with others on not normally following any bass fishing, but this is pretty cool. The live updates are awesome! Going to be a lot of 25+ pound bags I think. It would be cool if some local guys were in the tournament (on an exemption or something), or fished the same days to see how they stack up.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Also, I might be biased since I fish ML a fair amount, and pretty much always catch a smallie or two by accident while walleye fishing….but the number of guys with 1 or 0 fish halfway through the day is surprising!

Nevermind, in 10 minutes that group got cut WAY down. lol

Charles

Waves are starting to pick up, pretty neat with the live tv feed.

Charles

ROFL Swindle is Frogging Docks.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

See Seth is now in 2nd. After his heartbreaking runner up finish last weekend – It would be way cool to see him win this one in his home state. That would go along ways towards him making a long career out of fishing.

Charles

In first now!

CaptainMusky

See Seth is now in 2nd. After his heartbreaking runner up finish last weekend – It would be way cool to see him win this one in his home state. That would go along ways towards him making a long career out of fishing.

I read a blog entry where last Fall after this event was announced he spent several days in mille lacs and worst day was like 26# and had several over 30#. I knew it was world class but it is sure getting some exposure now with the best out there. I’ve paid more attention to this event today then all of the BASS events for the last 15 years combined.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Some might question KVD–now 2 hrs. without a fish–for leaving such a hot spot/area.

But speaking from experience, he knows he can’t win it on the first day and he had a target weight in mind to stay “in it”. When he hit that target weight, early, he left so as not to burn the fish anymore than need be–leaving them alone for day 2 and potentially day 3–when there is no tomorrow and one can cull all day on the best spot. ( example–I fished a PWT at Bull Shoals for 15 minutes the first two days and left with a big limit each day–then pounded it to death the final day…)

He is “pre-fishing” now–within a mile of his number 1 spot.

I can “feel it”–lol—those were the days. Watching this shake out brings back many a memory–great/good and not so good. Stressful just watching it!

If I were that Mn. kid, I’d get outta of that big fish spot and leave for future reference….and beat it up on Sunday ALL day.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Looks like a good walleye chop out there right now.
    Thanks for the link Will…..so much for getting anymore work done today.

blank

I thought no one cared about bass in MN and specifically around ML roll

It’s insane too see the size of bags their putting together, and then watching the video and seeing some guys tossing back 3.5 pounders without even bothering to check their livewell!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Where the heck takahiro fishing at? holy chit!

This guy has reported 11 fish now with an average size of over 4.5#. The average size of the fish he has culled is 4.23# which would put him in the top 10. Incredible!

(KVD’s average is only 3.35# with 18 fish)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.