Migrating Ducks

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Our cabin is on a flowage so it thaws sooner than most and it’s currently filled with migrating ducks. All the cool ones. Hundreds of ring necks with golden eye, blue bill, bufflehead and others mixed in. I always enjoy catching the migration here. On the lookout for a canvasback!!

CaptainMusky

Fun times! I dont think I have ever seen a canvasback. I shot a redhead in college which was a beautiful bird.

Brittman

Saw bluewing teal, wigeon, and shovelers. Spring drakes are pretty nice looking.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have been seeing tons of migrating birds in the south metro. I have been grilling just about every night and made a habit to bring my calls out with me. I’m sure my neighbors love me…but they’re responding to calling and landing on my roof non-stop. woot

JEREMY
    BP

I had wood ducks land on my garage roof last night. Never any other kind. Whats landing on yours?

stevenoak

Miles of divers in the center of pool 13, two weeks ago. Lots of bluebills and the before mentioned. Saw a bluewing in a wet spot in a cornfield today. Buddy was cleaning last couple wood duck houses on our property today and ran into fresh eggs. So he quit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.