Michigan Trip

• ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Just got back from Empire, Michigan. We spent 5 days in the Empire Hills subdivision. Stayed in a very nice home overlooking Lake Michigan. Did the Dunes Hike in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park. Made a trek over to Traverse City one day. Also visited Glen Arbor(ate at Boonedocks) and Glen Haven. Very much enjoyed the week. Even had the time to rent a boat from the “On the Narrow” marina. Spent Thursday morning taking my father, my son and my niece on Glen Lake and then Little Glen Lake. Caught a couple of perch on Big Glen but it was very slow. We ran up into Little Glen and found a spot where the perch were much more willing. We caught about 40 perch in an about a 2 hr. trip. My 6 year old niece got to catch her first fish ever. My son managed about 5 perch. Nothing huge but we had a great time. The perch were hitting the best on shrimp. But worms were working also. Towards the end I tied on a yellow roostertail with a gold blade. A steady retrieve didn’t work. I had to twitch the heck out of it to get them to hit. Like I said nothing huge but it was great to get out on the water for a while.
    Beatiful country up there! Was a long drive for us, 550 miles. But it was worth the effort!

Ducks

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Thanks for the report…sounds like an enjoyable vacation. Maybe next time you’ll stop here in da UP…shorter drive!

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Maybe…….but isn’t it cold up there year around? LOL!!! I heard it never thaws out! LOL!!!
    If I ever get the chance to head your way Tom, I will look you up for sure.

Ducks

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Its been warm lately and the Bass are just a hammering tubes and swimjigs.

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Nice smallie Tom! And you caught it on one of my most favorite lures. Back in 1987 I got hooked on using those. Fatz-Gitzit in pumpkin pepper. I have caught a TON of bass on those.

Ducks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.