Oconto to Peshtigo Walleye

• aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My first trip to the Bay of Green Bay and the action was great. I was joined by my father in law and a friend of his who were also on their virgin voyage. We started by targeting walleye shallow on crawler harnesses 6-12fow. Our first fish 27 inches was picked up in the first half hour on the water!8 hours later we are still looking for fish #2. North East wind pushed us out of Oconto to the north in search of cover. We would spend the better part of the next day searching shallow water then out to deeper 30ft range. Still just a few walleyes and a day and a half has past. Then 4pm hits on Monday and we manage to lose track of the boat as our boards crash into 1-2FOW. That’s when our luck changed. We would spend the next 5 hours picking up 25-29inch eyes all schooled close to shore over the shallow sand. Gold and/or purple spinners 50ft back and 90ft out on boards hooked most of our fish. 1mph and no weight on the harnesses. Here are a few picks of the bigger ones including my new personal best 29 3/4 inch fish and personal best 27 and 29 1/2 for my deck hand, Felix . Thank You Green Bay – I will return
    Sorry for the side way pics, not sure how to change that?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Way to go. Any idea on numbers. I got to get there soon.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Been a few years since I’ve been on Green Bay but I love that harness bite without any weight. One of my absolute favorites. #6 hammered gold colorado blade and you’re golden.

jkonop
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I am drooling over these…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.