Door County Smallmouth Action

• Paul Delaney

Yesterday was quite an interesting day to say the least and it was not the fishing that made the day interesting. Justin and I left the dock at 7am just after a strong line of thunderstorms moved through so I knew fishing was going to start off a little difficult. After fishing a couple of shore areas and catching a few small fish we moved to some off shore structure.Just afyer arriving we saw lightning coming across the bay so we made a run in to shore to wait out the storm and what a storm it was a major super cell moved over the bay and unleashed some heavy rain and incredible amounts of lightning making contact with the building we were taking cover in. Now the tough fishing we were faced with was probably only going to be tougher. After the storm passe we made it out for a couple more hours and managed a few more nicer fish. We caught our fish on several different soft plastic baits grubs, wacky worms and swim baits. Our biggest bass of the trip was a 19.5 inch fish which came on the last cast of the morning and just before that Justin caught a real nice 27 inch walleye which was a bonus fish for the trip.Like I said very interesting day weather wise but a very fun day fishing with Justin always enjoyable having good people in the boat.

Paul Delaney
    Late-Eyes Sport Fishing Guide Service
    (920) 421-0896

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Paul
    that’s the way to stick it out and get a few really nice fish.

Jack

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Interesting weather indeae!!! When you’re taking refuge under an overhang in the marina parking lot and a storm chaser truck pulls in….you know you’re in trouble.

I give a lot of credit to Paul….tough..tough conditions. He never gave up. We must have fished at least 10 different locations scattered a few miles apart. We didn’t just hide in the back of a secluded bay, we were in the wind fishing and it payed off with a few nice fish. Can’t wait to go back and fish under better conditions. I fished by myself later in the day for walleyes, but they gave me the slip…1st time that’s ever happened

Justin

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I really do know how to spell…why don’t I proofread my posts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.