Mercury SmartCraft Connect for Garmin

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

Hey everyone,

Has anybody successfully set up an NMEA network between a mercury 4 stroke and the Garmin Echomap UHD series? Forum searches don’t yield a ton of info, I understand how to create the backbone as well as which Mercury PN I need to buy, but the software seems to have been buggy on the Garmin and possibly requires dealership setup. Anybody have more info on this topic?

mojogunter

I don’t have one setup on an echomap, but I do have a verado connected to a gpsmap unit as well as a solix. I already had the nmea network in the boat. I just had to add the part from mercury that the name of escapes me at the moment.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Yes the merc part is smartcraft connect. Just wondering what the setup entails for the software? Info out there is very sparse, I’m fully capable of rigging and updating software but I’ve read some rumors that “dealer setup is mandatory” for some reason so hoping to clarify that.

3Rivers

I’ve looked into it as well. Found the same thing. Dealer installed update to app for functionality.

Dealer uses an “App-Based” Dealer-only tool to update the SC-Connect module and set it for the engine it’s being used with.

mojogunter

I didn’t have to go to the dealer to get my GPSMap unit to work. It may be different for an echomap. Call Garmin they are very helpful anytime I have called about anything.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Thanks fellas looks like the plan will be to build my nmea network, install smartcraft, and try it out. If I can’t get it I’ll go pay a shop to setup the software.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.