New Fishing Report added…

• eelpout

Don, great couple of reports! just got in from dove hunting and packing for a trip up to tainter for labor day week. anything new happening there this week? those eyes you pictured look pretty thick,what are they feeding on? keep the reports comming. MIKE

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Looks like the fall bite might be setting up for you pretty good there Don!

Don Hanson

The trolling bite on tainter has slowed down but rigging and jigging is picking up. Look for baitfish or any surface action. The eyes, smallies, almost everything can be found near the baitfish. Don’t overlook the lower lake, that should be turning on quick!
    James, I am hoping this last into the fall! The fish are moving-following the bait. Once you find em-they hit almost anything! Powerbaits and ringworms in dark colors are working well. The fish are feeding on minnows right now.

eelpout

Don, thanks for the report. do you know what hours schmidty is keeping on sunday? what kind of minnows has he been getting lately? hope not those blackheads. i know the guys in canada love them but for me the confidence factor is not there , plus they seem to crap out too fast.MIKE

eelpout

Just 1 more ? on the dunn county web site it says the boat landings are now posted with signs from the E.P.A of the blue-green algae. is this a political thing? i’ve been comming/living on tainter for 44 years. its always been green. the blue on the other hand is somewhat of a new commer, maybe 10 -15 years? any info from anyone would be welcome. Thanks, MIKE

Don Hanson

The bait shop will be open from 8:30 til noon on Sunday. Closed on Monday so make sure you have enough bait. I am not using minnows yet, the fish are wacking leeches if you can find some large or jumbos.

The DNR posted warning about swimming in area of high algae concentration. If the wind is blowing it is not too bad.

eelpout

Don, thanks again, MIKE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.