MegLink

• Gerald DeMarzo

I am looking for advice on the Mega Link system in the Ranger boats, mine specifically is a 2006 Cayman 223. This is what I think I know so far, Ranger put this system in limited boats back in the 2000’s and since then the manufacturer has stopped producing them. Ranger tells me that for about the last 24 months or so they have noticed an increased number of these systems failing especially on boats manufactured between 2005-2007. Ranger has found another manufacturer to produce a replacement system and what I understand it is a plug and play system and that you must replace the entire system because the old keypad/brain is not compatible with the new keypad/brain. I am told by Ranger that the price tag is around $1,300 when all said and done, which to me is stupid expensive, but that seems to be the norm for outdated stuff when you go through Ranger. After looking over this system and talking to more than one rep from Ranger, my understanding is that this system has nothing to do with the functioning of the motor or any drive components, just the lights, the aerator system, the horn and bilge and optional accessories.
    So now to my question, I was wondering if anyone else is having issues, what you have done to fix it, and has anyone replaced the system with a direct switch panel system, which is what I am thinking of doing, since it seems that all these functions can be accomplished with two way, three way or momentary switches. If you have replaced the system with a switch panel, did you have any issues. I appreciate any input on this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.