Marcum puck clarification

• IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Ok I have not had time this year to keep up with all posts so this may have been brought up before and if so I appoligise for not taking the time to look.

I talked a buddie into switching to MarCum and he was having an issue so he called the company up. In there discussion he was told to put his puck just deep enough in to the water to have the bottom in and not the top. I have always lowered it to the bottom of my hole no matter what the thickness of the ice was. Can anyone tell me what has changed and does this work.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

In there discussion he was told to put his puck just deep enough in to the water to have the bottom in and not the top.

This makes no sense. Why is the cord so long? I try to get the ducer right at the bottom of the ice.

But, I am no expert.

FDR

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

This method is used when fishing shallow water to keep your jig in the cone all the way up….

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Mike..you should be out fishing not posting..LOL..I always put my ducer to the bottom of the ice also.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Joe if had the energy Id be on the ice but 80- 100+ hrs a week has taken its toll. Things should slow down by the end of February first part of March.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.