Marcum MX7 GPS

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

My two youngest boys have gotten the ice fishing bug! We have an ICE55 and M1. Each boy has a specific preference to one of the units so I am considering getting a new one for myself. I like the idea of having mapping as an option and the possibility of using it when doing some open water fishing. I realize they are relatively new, but I am looking for some feedback with their performance on the ice.

TIA,

FDR

tucrs
    NW Metro

So far I have really liked mine. I liked the LX7 user interface and this is pretty much the same. GPS so far seems to have worked very well and find spots easy.

You will need a map card though. The base maps are poor at best.

I like the non shuttle one it is in a nice case and is more compact than anything else.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

So far I have really liked mine. I liked the LX7 user interface and this is pretty much the same. GPS so far seems to have worked very well and find spots easy.

You will need a map card though. The base maps are poor at best.

I like the non shuttle one it is in a nice case and is more compact than anything else.

Does Marcum have it’s own map cards to purchase? Or what do they use for map cards?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

I’ve been very impressed with mine this year! I also was a long time LX7 user and having the same settings cut the learning curve. The Lithium battery is awesome! It will be a great upgrade to your existing locators. Yes, the card is needed but not right away. You could get the locator this year and let your kids buy you a card for your birthday!

I give it my recommendation.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Anyone have any recent experience or updates on this? I have and like my LX-7 and am shopping for another unit. Old one still works great and will be passed back to one of the kids.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.