maiden rock

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

hows the ice in the bay there? thinkning of stopping by after work tomorrow.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

1/2 ton trucks driving out but not very far. From what I’ve heard lately it’s been slooow

Round House

I was just there last weekend and the ice at max had 9-10 inches. Saw no trucks on ice and that would be ill advised. Fishing is extremely slow.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The Minnesota side closed to all vehicle travel. I’m not sure if it still applies but was in effect yet last week. Just because trucks are seen out there is not an indicator that the ice is safe….maybe a bigger indicator that there’s some mental issues involved.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Slow is an understatement for the fishing I’ve had there in the past few weeks

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Truck was out on Sunday and yesterday, Monday, I watched them drive out

Round House

I was there on Sunday and I saw no trucks. I was there from 6am – 7pm and the only truck I saw on ice was on by only far enough to get unloaded. I did see a small SUV drive out maybe to the 7ft deep mark but that was it. I took my snowmobile out to the 17ft depth and tried drilling out there and was on 4″

ozzyky
    On water

I was one the those “retards” that drove out…I fish there enough and was out by foot and checked the ice the day before on where I was planning to fish .if you aren’t familiar with how the ice is shaping up down there this yr I don’t recommend driving out there…it went from 12-15 inches down to 6 very quick in certain areas…as for the fishing pretty slow as of late. Someone will go through soon now that they are seeing trucks out there. This all broke up a few weeks ago and has a wide range in consistency once u get out to 15-16 ft of water straight out from the landing and towards the rush. Towards pine is “safer” now it’s snow covered it all appears the same and it is not

Attachments:
    1. 81596479-C9E3-4960-BFAE-365B0F829A6E.jpeg

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I know the guy who had his truck out Sunday he was in 13 fow, and ozz is correct the high winds broke up the sheet ice in the deeper water, now its jammed and refreezing. Time to start edging out further with the wheeler and on foot. Drill holes as you go, it is a river

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.