LX-6 vs. LX-7 Screen Size

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Looking for guys with either model to comment here. Is the LX-6 screen size difference big enough to warrant spending the extra cash for the 7?

M. Rowe

I liked the size of the 6. It’s a bit more portable for my run and gun approach. I picked the 6 up at the St Paul show.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I picked up a 6 3 years ago would have gotten the 7 but was told the battery didn’t last as long.
    I love my 6

tedroost
    Devils Lake

There is definitely a big difference. I have a 9 and I got my wife the 6. However towards late season where visibility wasn’t good I always seemed to grab the 6 for hole hoping. Switching back and forth you will notice the difference but if you start with the 6 it wont really affect you. Comparing the two side by side big difference.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I sold my LX9 (same as LX7) and got the LX6….. this will be my first season with it, so… still waiting to try…. doah

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Switching back and forth you will notice the difference but if you start with the 6 it wont really affect you. Comparing the two side by side big difference.

X2
    Having the LX6 myself, I don’t regret it one bit, although when I am fishing next to someone with an LX 7 or 9, I do tend to get jealous of the larger screen.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

screen envy! rotflol

Serious, Ben have you noticed if the 7 or 9 battery goes all day like a 6? and why are you on the internet when you have ice up there?

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

screen envy! rotflol

Serious, Ben have you noticed if the 7 or 9 battery goes all day like a 6? and why are you on the internet when you have ice up there?

I’ve run an LX-7 with both lead-acid (standard) batteries and the Lithiums, and have no problem getting a full day on the ice with either. That said, I always carry a backup with just in case. Compared to the LX-6, I think the effect would be negligible.

Joel

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Sounds like I’m in the minority here. You can’t go wrong with either one, but I absolutely love having the larger screen on my LX-7 because I like to have both a vertical zoom and either the chart or old school flasher dial side by side.

Will

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tedroost wrote:</div>
    Switching back and forth you will notice the difference but if you start with the 6 it wont really affect you. Comparing the two side by side big difference.

X2
    Having the LX6 myself, I don’t regret it one bit, although when I am fishing next to someone with an LX 7 or 9, I do tend to get jealous of the larger screen.

The only time it’s OK to look longingly at another man’s unit doah

ps0345

I love the larger screen too. I don’t think I’d down size after having the 7.

Jeff Schomaker

Love my LX-7! I let people borrow a lot of things but my 7 is not one of them! And I’ve ran mine with the regular battery that it comes with for more than 1 day without charging. Like Joel I always have a backup battery with me. But have never had to use it.

jon morris

started with the lx-6 then got the 9 ended up selling my 6 and got the 7 as well…after fishing with the bigger screen ill never go smaller again. I hole hop alot its not that hard to carry it around. Go with the 7

Kfactor

I think the extra money for the lx7 is worth it . My buddie talked me in to it and I don’t regret it . Buy what suits your needs

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ben Putnam wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tedroost wrote:</div>

X2

The only time it’s OK to look longingly at another man’s unit  :doah:

Awww man! You caught me looking at your unit Will? I thought I was being discreet. Well it’s true unit envy, I can’t help it… Mine’s only 6 inches, yours is 8 inches and size just matters sometimes.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

We’re still talking about Marcums right?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

We’re still talking about Marcums right?

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
    Thanks for taking my mind off of having no ice for a minute.

taz
    Frederic wi

X2 on the LX7

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.