LVS34 and GT56UHD

• Bill Lee

Hello all,
    I bought a used boat with an out of date fish finder.
    I bought a Garmin UHD2 93sv and the Livescope with the LVS34. This is on the bow.

What I would like to do is buy the GT56 transducer and mount it on the transom for SideVü without having to buy another chartplotter.

Since the orange sonar port has nothing plugged into it, this seems possible but I cannot find anything about it.

Is there a thread here someone can provide a link or information?

Thanks

James Almquist

That is what that port was made for. You have your power, NMEA, then sonar and the last port is your network port for your LVS34. If you buy a 106 you would use the network port to connect the 106 and then put the LVS34 on the 106 because it has 2 network ports. Then both units could use the LVS34 and the GT56 as inputs. Hope this make sense.

Bill Lee

That is what that port was made for. You have your power, NMEA, then sonar and the last port is your network port for your LVS34. If you buy a 106 you would use the network port to connect the 106 and then put the LVS34 on the 106 because it has 2 network ports. Then both units could use the LVS34 and the GT56 as inputs. Hope this make sense.

Like I said, I already have the 93SV and I do not want another chart plotter.

Henpecked

For clarity. Are you trying to network the out-of-date finder to the UHD2 finder so you can read the Livescope and the GT56 on both units?
    The UHD2 unit will handle both the GT56 and LVS34, but the outdated unit (assuming 93sv plus or older) will not work either the 56 or the 34.

mojogunter

You’re good to go with the GT56, just plug that in and it will work on the front unit. If you ever want to add another unit just make sure the new unit has 2 ethernet plugs so you can just network both units together.

Bill Lee

My apologies,

The out of date fish finder, did not work, was an old Lowrance and is now in the trash. (Disposed of properly)

I only have the 93sv UHD2 and it is mounted on the bow.

I no longer have one at the console.

So I want to run the GT56 from the transom all the way to the bow to have the best of both worlds,,,,,for now.

Yes, in the future I plan on buying another chart plotter.

I should have done more research when I bought the 93sv UHD2, knowing I was buying Livescope, I bought the 93 without a transducer to save $100. Now to buy the transducer only is $450

Live and learn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.