2000 Lund 1650 Explorer

• steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

I bought this boat last Fall and now I’m tearing it apart to clean it, re-wire and basically see what kind of shape it’s in. I’ve got the flooring all up but the piece in the bow. I have all the screws and bolts out but something is holding it down from below. Anybody have any ideas of what’s holding it down and how to get this piece out?

igotone

U sure u got all the screws out?

They can B covered with the carpet.

looks like U should B able to reach under there and feel if there R anymore, maybe look with a good light.

Lid might B held on with rivets?

If U think U got them all try prying up alittle and look where it might B pulling hard.

Hope this helps, looks like you got a good start

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Thanks, I’ll check for screws again tomorrow I ran out of steam and it was dinner time. Sometimes it takes somebody to state the obvious to make the light bulb go off. There was a brace behind the lid (you can’t see it in the pic.) that I thought was holding it down. Of course the last screw was stripped so it took some doing to get that screw out. I can lift the decking part way but I can’t see back in there because of a obstruction in the way.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

That was the ticket IGOTONE! 2 screws that were hidden by the carpet holding the last piece down. Thanks for the help.

bdlucas

Put up some pics when you are done. I love seeing pics of restored/customized lunds.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

How is the project coming along?

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Slowly but surely. I’ve added iPilot to my bow mount trolling motor. I also added a 3 bank Minnkota battery charger and mounted 6 rod holders. The question now is wiring for all this. The starting battery is fine but I’ve replaced the rear trolling battery and bought a new battery for the bow mount. I guess my question is, does it make sense to run 8 gauge wire to the bow from the rear trolling motor. I imagine I will be using the front trolling motor the most and will have one battery up front dedicated to that motor. It would be nice to have the back trolling battery available if needed. Thoughts and opinions appreciated. One more question, do I need a 40 amp fuse for the rear trolling motor. This motor just has the rings that I bolt onto the post of the battery, no plug in system like the bow mount. After awhile my head starts to swim with all the options. Looking for a little clarity.

Walleye Johnson

I have an 01′ Lund Rebel 1650 Explorer. I did run (8 guage wire) to front battery from rear battery. I am using 27 group batteries (as I remember!) and ran them in sequence so I would never run out of battery for either front or rear trolling motor. I have a separate 27 group start battery which also is in rear. I believe my breakers were 40’s. I have a 3 bank on board charger. Can’t remember if I put the electronics on starter or trolling batteries. Hope this helps some!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.