Lund “reclining’ seats.

• muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I have two Lund seats that the brace that supports the seat back from tipping backwards is not functioning correctly. The seats are from 2002 Pro V, I believe that are called pro seats, there are no exposed metal brackets. Does anyone know how to fix them or where that might be able to be fixed?

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

x2
    I have an 02′ ProV with the same seat problem. Anybody have a good solution?

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

If they are the pro ride seats they are made by attwood. We had some seats with the same problems. You might want to check with the factory to see if you could buy the plastic portion of the seat if your covers are still good. It was common for this to happen when people leaned back to far on the seats. I had this happen to two of my seats, during warranty luckily. I do think you can buy the guts of the seat, but I am not sure about the price.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I found this on their website ATTWOOD WEBSITE. Looks like the right part, I sent them an email to confirm and find out where to buy and how much. I will post their response

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Took a seat to the local Lund dealer and they called Lund. The answer I was told is there is no fix. The cost to replace them from the dealer was like $375.00 apiece. Will have to continue to pursue other options. Tried to convince the wife best bet was to trade it in for a new boat but she didn’t buy it.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I talked with Attwood a few days ago and referred to the seat core replacement on their website link I posted…The person in charge that could help was out that day but they said he would call me back. I noticed that the part doesn’t exist on the page anymore, I hope that’s not my abbreviated response
    It did appear to be the solution, just unsure of price.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

The other thing you could do is check with a few dealers and see if they have any used seats in stock that you could buy at a cheaper price and then replace the cover with yours. Hoots Sports in Perham I believe has a set of Pro-rides that were traded in. I am not sure if they sold them yet, but it is worth checking into. They are actually in good shape. Talk to Bruce in parts.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I talked with the guys at Attwood again and was able to find the exact replacement seatcore. It took me a few hours to dismantle the old seats and re-upholster them onto the new cores but well worth the effort! Both seats are like new again…back to fishing. Thank you Attwood

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Mark,

Could you please share the part number and cost. I would like to fix mine also.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Hey Tim, They cost about $130 each but you might be able to find them cheaper or through Attwood if they have a warranty program that covers it. Im sure the base Centric models are cheaper too. The model/serial # is on the bottom of the seat. Mine were 98110-1 but they are all different. Be sure that the seat back matches also…the seat backs can be different even with the same seat base #…I had to swap in the old back to make it work. Not a big deal since that part was fine and it saved me the time of swapping the upholstery.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.