520c GPS Not Responding

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have two of these units…One will always give me a “GPS not responding” warning..

I have done both hard reset and soft resets…the two units have the exact settings….

Do I have a toasted unit ?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Probably a toasted GPS sensor, so I guess IF the 520 is an internal antenna, then yes. I would think there is some way to network the GPS on the units, and share one antenna, possibly… been out of the loop awhile on the new Lowrance stuff.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

OK..Get This….

Very interesting news…

I did a hard reset and just left the unit sit…while i was posting here…I went back to the unit and the page showing was the time/date info…

GPS RESPONDING !!!

I guess i just was not patient enough !!!!

jerry b
    western WI

I’ve been having problems with my 5200c doing the same thing. I turn it off, let it set for a couple minutes it comes back on line and things are fine. Sometimes I have to shut it down a couple times. Last week I emailed the factory about it and they told me it can be a power problem, the antenna is too close to the unit itself, minimum 3′ or the line of sight is interrupted for some reason. I’ve not had time to look into it. Just thought I’d pass these along as a FYI jerr

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Cool,

certainly an added benefit to having an external antenna is the ability to replace just an antenna.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I get the same issue on my LCX-27C, and my 520 works fine, and they share the same puck. I isolated it to the network cable connecting my 27 to the network buss. If I moved the cable around, the gps would come back. I need to clean the connections and stick some dielectric grease on them when I do my winter boat work. I haven’t had it happen since late summer, so I haven’t been in a big hurry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.