HDS Software update available

• Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Hi all the new software updates for all of the HDS units is now available on the lowarance website. Here is a link HDS Update

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thanks Mark!

StructureScan

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Perfect timing!! I was hoping they would make them faster.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Has anyone tried the new updates? I hope too next weekend.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Has anyone tried the new updates? I hope too next weekend.

I updated my brand new HDS 7 right after it was installed on my new boat at the Skeeter Boat Center. It only took a few minutes for the new update to load and I have been more than happy with the performance of this unit. I messed with one in the store the other day and it had not been updated yet and was still slow in several areas. I’m sure happy with my unit and will be adding another HDS unit to my boat by spring. I can’t wait to get the new Structure Scan now!!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I was out today messing with my new HDS10…

it seemed very fast for what I was doing…
    What should I be looking for to know if I should update my unit or not ?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I was out today messing with my new HDS10…

it seemed very fast for what I was doing…

What should I be looking for to know if I should update my unit or not ?

What changes are made in this update?

Includes performance upgrades recommended for all HDS displays worldwide:

SONAR/ECHOSOUNDER

Enhances Broadband Sounder automatic mode for optimum target detection and display without manual adjustment

Overall improvements in Broadband Sounder Performance

CHARTPLOTTER

Adds radar overlay viewing option function for all Navionics® chart displays

Adds adjustable transparency feature to Navionics® satellite photo overlays (land and/or sea) with Platinum+ and Platinum chart displays

Resolves and improves media readability of Navionics® Platinum+, Platinum and Gold chartcards, with expanded support for other SD cards

Improves vessel positioning display accuracy while enhancing improved navigation to waypoints and navigating/retracing trails

Incorporates support REQUIRED for StructureScan™ Sonar Imaging functionality:

Unifies SideScan and DownScan Imaging™ display with 455/800 kHz imaging transducer soundings

Expands split-screen viewing to 3- and 4-window displays on HDS-8 and HDS-10 models

Enables new synchronized TrackBack™ feature for simultaneous scroll-back through sonar history and chartplotter trails in all displayed windows (DownScan Imaging™, SideScan, Broadband Sounder™, cartography) for waypoint marking

Activates new DownScan Overlay™ feature, merging Broadband Sounder and DownScan™ views in a single, adjustable display for the clearest structure and fish target interpretation ever achieved

Includes the following changes from previous updates:

Fixes issue displaying some lakes with Navionics Premium North and East charts.

Much faster loading time for all Lowrance charts.

Support for Navionics cartography up to Platinum+ via first release of Navionics Turboview® viewer

Tides and Currents feature now available for Nautic Insight™ and Nauticpath™ cards, including full-screen tide and current predictor

General improvements to user interface responsiveness and key-flow, and enhanced pop-up help

General improvements to chart zoom and pan redraw speed, including much faster drawing of shaded relief in Lake and Nautic Insight™

New “Steer” navigation panel with full highway display, compass rose overlay and digital route data presentation

Numeric entry and waypoint position edit mode now faster to operate

Improved access to waypoint, route and trail library functions

Improved import and export of waypoints, routes, and trails

Added ability to export and import user settings

Default waypoint names shortened to reduce display clutter with large numbers of waypoints

Added ability to enable & disable WAAS and select the active GPS antenna to the satellites page

New fast ping speed display settings for very deep water

Improvements to sonar bottom tracking in particularly difficult conditions

Improved presentation when networking sonar between HDS and LCX or LMS products

Both digital and analog gauges now update faster

Improved access and set-up of pages with new Pages system menu for access to overlay data and SIRIUS® audio controls

Repeated pressing of PAGES key now rotates the Pages carousel which retains split screen

selections for faster access to frequently used functions

Now possible to configure sensors directly from streamlined overlay data selection menu

Improved Info page layout options including navigation and tournament layouts including for split screen use

Now easier to set your local time

Automatic detection of multiple engine and tank data sources

New steer-to compass available on info page and as overlay data option

Trip log data items now available as an overlay data item

Improvements to fuel management user interface

Data overlays now display port or starboard label for sensors where appropriate

Now possible to set independent keel offsets for multiple depth transducers

New support for chart/radar overlay on all Lowrance charts only (including Nautic and Lake Insight™) with multiple palette choices and full transparency control

Now supports BR24 Broadband Radar close-in ranges down to 200ft or 50m

Improved radar update performance

Chart will now keep the vessel on screen when using the chart/sonar or chart/radar shadow cursor at high boat speeds

Waypoint arrival radius and course deviation indicator settings now accessible via new Navigation system menu

Chart boundaries now displayed on Lowrance charting

Trails settings moved to Chart system menu

DSC support added over NMEA 2000

Track-Your-Buddy support added for compatible VHF radios

Improved handling of NMEA 0183 input from some non-standard devices

Added full SIRIUS® weather transparency control

Added SIRIUS® weather history animation up to 12hrs (Lowrance charting only)

Added SIRIUS® marine zone warnings

Improvements to SIRIUS® audio channel selection

Support for new SIRIUS® subscription options

Now possible to upgrade other head units and network modules via the ethernet

SIRIUS® connection diagnostics moved to Networking system menu

Improvements to screen capture function interface including full screen preview

Ability to copy all sonar logs or screen captures to SD card simultaneously

Networked settings can now be restored to factory defaults

Added full support for German, Italian, Norwegian, Danish, Russian, Finnish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Croatian, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Slovakian and Ukrainian languages

Hey Dave,

Are you going to add the StrurctureScan??

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Holly [censored]!!!
    It will take me a week to decipher thru what you just said!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.