yamaha /lowrance interface help

• tailnspots

I am trying to hook up my F150 Yamaha to my HDS5 head unit via NMEA200 so I can see engine data on my HDS5 display.I want to know what cables I need, and if I need to set up a LowranceNet backbone to do this. I have found where I need to hook up to on my motor but don’t know which interface cable to buy. any help would be appreciated.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Buy a Mercury motor and you wont have that problem , NAAAA I was just funnin you ,as you can see its perrty quiet in here and I want to type asomething .

I am sure today someone will help you out on your question

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Yes you will have to set up a red network and connect the engine interface cable into it.

There is only one “red” Yamaha/Lowrance interface cable.

You’ll need one long expansion cable, 2 Tees, one 120 ohm terminator, one network power cable with 120 terminator, a short expansion cable to hook up the HDS and one engine interface cable.

Dan

tailnspots

Thanks for the help Dan I was thinking that was what I had to do, but didn’t want to spend the $$$ to try without knowing for sure.

Thanks again,
    Tailnspots

robby
    Quad Cities

I read that four times and I am still dizzy. Was that English? LOL. This site is full of knowledgable peoples. Good deal.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

It’s English all right…and pretty easy once you draw a little picture. I have the F150 as well and since I already run a network between the Lowrance units in the boat this add on should be easy. Thanks for posting guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.