GPS not logging on help

• McCleskey

New to IDOFishing. Looking for some help with my LCX17M GPS. Unit is two years old and has been working well. GPS now fails to lock on. I figured the GPS antenna was bad so I bought a new one. Originally came with an LGC2000 antenna but they are no longer available so I updated to an LGC3000 with an adapter cable to adapt from Red cable to blue cable. Still does not log on. When I go to the NMEA bus setup page is says the status is unknown. It does recognize the antenna is an LGC3000. Anybody have an idea on how to resolve? I have contacted Lowrance twice (about 45 min each time) with no success. Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As a way to narrow down the time spent diagnosing this would you have a buddy nearby that would allow you to take your head unit and hook up to his power and GPS antennae?

If your unit works on your buddy’s network, you have an antennae issue. If it doesn’t something’s wrong with the head unit.

McCleskey

I did take the head unit to a buddies. He has the exact same unit with a LGC2000. The unit worked fine. does this mean I need another new antenna?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well the 17 is an older unit, I’d suggest you call lowrance and see what they have to say. I’m just not sure your unit will support the 3000.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Welcome to the site Iceman!!

Did you ever update your LGC-2000 module?

LCX-17M Update

Dan

McCleskey

Thanks, I double check the software version for the head unit and LGC200, and update both as required.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Ice,

Something else you could try is to hook up your LGC-2000

and the LCX-17 on your friend’s boat. If it works

with his setup then you have narrowed it down to a terminator or a cable problem.

I actually think it should work with the 3000 puck so I

would speculate the issue is in the network wiring.

Good luck!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Ice,

Something else you could try is to hook up your LGC-2000
    and the LCX-17 on your friend’s boat. If it works
    with his setup then you have narrowed it down to a terminator or a cable problem.

This is definitely the way to go before you start replacing hardware.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.