102c issue

• jakeh
    White Bear Twp

I have a Lowrance X102c that is acting up. The unit will turn itself on and bounce through the brightness settings. It seems like the button would be sticking, but after taking the unit apart and checking out the touch pannel, I don’t think that is the case. I have tried the unit on differant power sources and has the same symptoms. Anyone run into this in the passed or have any suggestions?

longerbass

I had a 332c that did the same thing. It eventually started working correctly.

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi Jake,

I found a couple of threads referring to Lowrance 102c power up problems (back in 2005). It looks like these guys went back and forth w/ warrantee fix’s to get the problem resolved. Obviously that’s not an option now. It might “be in the breed” and now it’s your units turn.

Take care,

Roger

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi Jake,

I forgot to mention. Did you try the Lowrance soft reboot (Pages then Power Up) and hard reboot (Zoom/In and Zoom/Out then Power Up) sequences on the unit? It might kick it in the [censored] and get it going!!!

Take care,

Roger

mrwalleye
    MN

Quote:

Hi Jake,

I forgot to mention. Did you try the Lowrance soft reboot (Pages then Power Up) and hard reboot (Zoom/In and Zoom/Out then Power Up) sequences on the unit? It might kick it in the [censored] and get it going!!!

Take care,

Roger

SAVE all your icons to a SD card first if you do a hard reset or it will be gone for good

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Welcome to the club! Mine does the exact same thing. If you do find a fix please let me know.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I have a 102c. I had some problems with the screen flickering and shutting off. Couldn’t fix it on my own so called Lowrance and had to send it in (past warrenty). they had it all summer that year (2007)and costed me nearly $200. Needless to say with that experience and their GPS issues (jumping in and out of service – talked with many people who have the same problem), when I upgrade my boat I will be spending thousands of dollars outfitting it with a different brand (something that likes sweet nector most likely). Too bad for Lowrance because I, like many others, like to spend money on fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.