Green Screen on Lowrance

• walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Hello guys,
    I have run Lowrance units for the past 5 years but this year bought a new LXC – 37C and love it. The only problem I have run into recently is the pixels and coloring on the unit at certain depths.
    I have my unit set to bottom color tracking. I usually run my own settings on the unit as far as my colorline is set right between the green and yellow setting, ping speed is at 75% chart speed is 100% manual sensitivity but have tried auto sensitivity. Thats about all I think you would need to know. My problem is I read perfectly fine in shallow water and then once I get to around 20 feet or so my screen stops showing so much clarity and detail and it gets unpixalated and everything shows up green. I can still kind of mark fish but I dont get as good a reading and I know if should be a sharper image than that. Any suggestions?

Jordan

jt_fish

I have the same unit, it does the same thing. If i slow the chart speed down the resolution gets better. I don’t run at 100% chart speed for that reason.

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Are you running it at 75% then. Are you getting a super clear image then and marking fish just the same?
    Jordan

payday
    Ramsey, Mn

Check your max depth setting. It sounds like yours may be set @ 20′. I have the x27 and mine acted similar when I passed 40′ and have since changed that and everything works great again.

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Hmm that is interesting. When I got the unit this spring it never did that. now it is. Should it be on auto depth range then. Are you talking about the upper and lower limits would be set at 0 and 20?
    I will sometimes get out of the green screen though when I get deeper
    Jordan

payday
    Ramsey, Mn

Yes, that’s the setting. I belive mine is set on Auto but, the max is 60′. That seemed to be the fix for mine.

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Sounds good. I will try it and see what happens. Thanks for the help
    Jordan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.