Poor Service for Lowrance

• john_h
    Hastings, MN

I own an LCX27C that has given up the ghost. The display flashed a couple of times and shutdown. On the 3rd restart try the fuse went. I have replaced the fuse and with the network and transducer cables disconnected the fuse still blows (only after power up, not before).

I spoke with Cabela’s. They said good luck with the service from Lowrance. When asked, they will not recommend Lowrance anymore. (They stated that they are the largest reseller of Lowrance products). This person had 3 units in two weeks, none working. The support person at Lowrance told him he didn’t know how to operate the unit!! He was not happy…

As if to prove them correct, as of now, I cannot connect to the Lowrance website. It says that the server is “too busy”.

Anyone out there have any suggestions or comments?

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

I had a similiar problem one time, I called tech support and though it wasn’t the most handy they were able to trouble shoot me over the telephone. I have had to work with Lowrance 3 times in my life and until this point I feel pretty satisfied with their customer service. In my case the fuse harness was bad and I had to replace the harness with a newer style that used a car type fuse instead of an inline fuse. I had my best luck with lowrance when I called in the later morning and not near their lunch time. Hope this helps.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I am right there with you. I am on my 3rd transducer in a year. I was talking to a guy at Scheels and Cabelas and they all said that everyone has been having issues. He had one customer on his 5th in a year! Scheels can’t even keep them in stock.

I e-mailed Lowrance and they told me that there is no know problems at all! How can that be, when I have heard otherwise? Well at least I got a responce!

bhs91

I can agree with all that y’all are saying? I have had an abundance of lowrance products and equal the number of poor product and customer service!

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

I too have problems with Lowrance customer support. It takes a minimum of 25 minutes to get through to them by phone. It takes over a week for an email inquiry. And if you want to order a transducer from them they are back ordered for over 2 weeks. Lowrance is GARBAGE and will never see another nickel from me. When my latest transducer goes, and it will, I am going with Humminbird.

RIP Lowrance. Your little secret is out. Your customer service sucks. We here in MN are used to great customer service with the likes of Strikemaster, Everts, Maynards Tackle, profishingsupply.com, and many others. These all have same day service. And if you order on line the product is on my doorstep in 2 days.

I am spreading the word to all my fishing friends. Stay away from Lowrance.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

Lowrance realy ticked me off last year with their $50 rebate offer. They used an outside service to handle the rebate checks. It was taking over 6 months for them to mail out the checks, but only if you called to ask why the delay. My brother in law, myself and two other people we know went round & round with them. If you did not call and demand payment I’m not sure how long (if ever) it would have taken. I sent them an e-mail asking why on earth a company like Lowrance would involve themselves in such shoddy business practices but did not receive a response.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

John, I sent you a PM that should help. Good luck.

big_head_basher

I agree…I have bought 3 new lowrance’s in the last 3 years and have had problems with all of them. To spend that much money and have something go wrong with them while your out on the water sux. The service was terrible and I won’t own another on of them.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I really, really hate to jinx myself, but I have to disagree with the above. I am not saying there aren’t issues, because there apparently are people having problems. Personally, however, I have had pretty good luck with Lowrance. I have 2 locators in the boat for approx 6 years. Only had 1 problem with 1 of them that a Firmware update fixed. I also have a iFinder Expedition C (3 years) that I had 1 problem with. Called support (yeah, it took about 30 minutes to get through) and the problem was resolved.

I recall in the 90’s, Dad had Humminbird problems over and over. He would have to send his unit in (pay $50-100 shipping/insurance each time) and be without for 6-8 weeks. He would get it back and within a month the thing was broken again. After the 4th time, he bought a different locator. Now, everybody is praising HB.

Point is, all companies go through rough spots. Hopefully Lowrance gets it together because I really like their products (obviously when they work). I am anxiously awaiting the Structure Scan to be released before I decide to upgrade to that or the HumminBird SI.

JD

Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

I have also had issues with their customer support. I have had my 520c for 2 years with very little use. Went to use it 4 or 5 weeks ago and the GPS puck was not working. After spending 4-5 days trying to get in touch with CS I was finally successful. They agreed the GPS was bad and they said they never go out. I called BS. They were quick to sell me a new one for $113 if I sent mine in. I sent it in the next day. Still haven’t seen it. I called last Friday because I have a vacation coming next weekend and they said they would get it in the mail right away. I think if I spent that kind of money for a replacement they should have had it in the mail the day after they received mine. I use to love Lowrance, now I hate them.

john_h
    Hastings, MN

Thank you all for the information – and opinion!

Wade, a special thanks to you. You PM suggestion worked in one day. By the way, I want everyone to know that when I purchased this unit I tryed to buy it from Wade. He was out of stock at the time, called to let me know (he knew I was leaving on a trip) and suggested I buy elsewhere if I could. I did, but still bought a Lakemaster chip from him.
    Now he is good enough to help out! I’ll be back, for sure Wade.

Thanks again.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Thank you all for the information – and opinion!

Wade, a special thanks to you. You PM suggestion worked in one day. By the way, I want everyone to know that when I purchased this unit I tryed to buy it from Wade. He was out of stock at the time, called to let me know (he knew I was leaving on a trip) and suggested I buy elsewhere if I could. I did, but still bought a Lakemaster chip from him.
    Now he is good enough to help out! I’ll be back, for sure Wade.

Thanks again.

No problem, John. Glad to help.

Derrick Rewerts
    New Richmond, WI

I have had about enough of Lowrance customer service. I had had two transducers go bad. Also my Dad and Uncle had one go bad. They don’t do anything for you. I have asked question after question and they don’t want to say they have a problem.

john_h
    Hastings, MN

Okay folks, time to give Lowrance it’s due. For me at least this turned into a pleasent experiance. Unit was shipped and arrived 4 days after i wrote an evening email. Installed, tested, used and works great. Absolutely no complaints so far. I sent back the old unit, shipping paid, tonight via Fed Ex.

So perhaps the post should be re-titled “Great Service by Lowrance”.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

John, I’m glad to hear of a happy ending. Great news and thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

My lowrance experience also had a happy ending-they sent me a new unit even though mine was out of warranty for 2 years. I was expecting to pay a bill to get it fixed. Without me asking, Lowrance sent me a new unit.

Only problem with their customer service is their “on hold” policy.

I did send the person that helped me a thank you e-mail for going above and beyond-really think they need to hear that much as the griping.

Jeremy

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Quote:

I too have problems with Lowrance customer support. It takes a minimum of 25 minutes to get through to them by phone. It takes over a week for an email inquiry. And if you want to order a transducer from them they are back ordered for over 2 weeks. Lowrance is GARBAGE and will never see another nickel from me. When my latest transducer goes, and it will, I am going with Humminbird.

RIP Lowrance. Your little secret is out. Your customer service sucks.

Holy smokes. Sorry you had such a bad experience. The ONLY experience I had with Lowrance was using their website to download & check for the latest updates for both my units. It went well. Once I did that, I was still having display issues (on a unit I purchased used). I called Lowrance. I did stay on hold 45 minutes but once the technician answered the call (which was 3 minutes before they closed) he stayed on & gave me 100% assistance for 20 minutes. I received a RA #. I did have to pay $300 because the unit was out of warranty..I was told they will repair or send me a refurbished unit back. Total from time of call to returned unit in my hand was 14 days.

A few things to remember about calling Lowrance or any other call center.. sometimes you have to hold. Get a speaker phone & multi-task while your waiting. It will not be so frustrating if you are able to accomplish other things.

Also.. Everything is not all bad, we just HEAR about the bad..There are at least 2 people that had a good resolution from Lowrance AND a positive shout out to a vendor (Wade) who consistently goes above & beyond no matter what the circumstance.

I guess I really don’t have much of a point.. Just trying to balance the scales a little.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I also had a very positive experience with their customer support just yesterday. I left them a voicemail, they called back promptly, and rectified the situation better than I expected. Should have the unit up and running again by next week.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.