Lowrance H2OC

• Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Is there a way to do a hard and soft reset on an H2OC. We are having trouble with two units. Mine has worked very well until recently. The other is my buddies and has never worked very well. Now they are both doing the same thing. We turn them on and they search for satelittes forever, but never get looked on. Sometimes mine acquires about 3/4 strength on 4 or 5 satelittes and it still will not acquire position. Help!!!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Soft Reset (Does not delete GPS Data)
    IFinder H2O C Reset 1. Turn unit OFF
    2. Press and hold the PAGES key
    3. Press and hold the PWR key
    4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

Hard Reset (Deletes stored GPS Data such as Waypoints and trails)
    IFinder H2O C Reset 1. Turn unit OFF
    2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys atthe same time
    3. Press and hold the PWR key
    4. A tone will sound
    5. When tone is sounding, release buttonsand immediately press and hold the FIND key.
    6. While pressing FIND, a higher tone will sound
    7. The unit will reset. Turn unit OFF and back ON.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Thanks Dan. It didn’t cure anything though. They both get about half signal from 3 or 4 satelittes and go no further. Anybody have any ideas?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Did you try moving around a bit, walk up the street or drive in the rig? Try being in an area with a clear view of the sky, no trees or obstacles?
    Just a couple things to try then I would contact Lowrance

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Have you done a software update?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

From Lowrance’s website:

A Flashing position indicates that the unit has not obtained a satellite fix. This is normal when a unit is first turned on. The time needed to obtain a position fix can vary greatly and depends on how recently the unit was in operation, the change in position from where the unit was locked on to satellites last, the current field of view and many other factors. In some cases, the unit may take as long as 30 minutes to lock on to satellites initially. The satellites being tracked and additional data can be obtained from the Status or Satellites page. If the unit continues having difficulty tracking satellites or is giving a specific error message of GPS Module Not Responding, additional troubleshooting may resolve the problem.

I’ve heard of people increasing postion lock times by disabling the WAAS feature.

Give it a try and see if it helps you.

To Turn on or off WAAS/EGNOS:
    1. Press MENU|MENU|down arrow to GPS SETUP|ENT.
    2. Press down arrow to USE WAAS/EGNOS|ENT, which will turn on (check) or turn
    off (uncheck) the feature. Press EXIT to clear the menus. Note that this
    setting can only be accessed in Advanced Mode.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Thanks a bunch guys. They seem to be working better after running a reset.

teamcrappie
    Palo,IA

Is it ok to soft reset w/a navionics chip in?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Is it ok to soft reset w/a navionics chip in?

It should not harm anything, but you could easily take it out to be safe.

cdn
    West Central, MN

My H2Oc would not lock in satellites at all after many, many hours on the water trying to get it to work. Very frustrating. I had up to 7 satellites in, but it wouldn’t lock a position.

Called Lowrance to get a service authorization # (only way to do it with my 3 year old GPS)…sat on the phone for an hour…”Navico” said it’s broken and for $162 I could send it in and they will inspect it, and maybe 3-4 weeks later I would get a unit (maybe not mine) back with a 6 month warranty.

Because I like this GPS so much I elected to buy a new H2Oc with a one year warranty for a some extra cash. Sure hope this one works…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.