Lowrance H2Oc question.

• Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

Just bought a lowrance H2Oc ifinder and am looking to buy sd cards for MN and North and South Dakota mainly. Any suggestions?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’ve always been pretty happy with the LakeMaster maps that I use for my Lowrance.
    I also think LakeMaster went to Hummingbird and I heard HB does not do customer service to the LakeMaster line of products.
    I also heard Lowrance was coming out with their own map card products.
    Am sure someone will correct me if I’m off on any of this.
    Jack

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Where in the heck did you find one? They have been discontinued a long time

Quote:

Just bought a lowrance H2Oc ifinder and am looking to buy sd cards for MN and North and South Dakota mainly. Any suggestions?

I just posted an add, I know the three bottom chips will all run in the unit. The navionics surveys for the Dakotas isn’t as good as the Lakemaster, so you don’t want that.

I looked for a newer dakotas lowrance compatible chip, never found one, so I wound up getting the Lowrance Insight Pro v.14 – it runs great in my gen1HDS5, but won’t run in the Endura. It has good surveys of the Dakotas.

You might be better off selling the H2O and picking up either a cheap garmin 62s or a smaller Lowrance elite. You can get all the maps you want on 1 chip with those.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Find someone how can tell you if the Lowrance Lake Insight 2013 chip is compatable in the H2O. From what I’ve seen out of that chip, it’s equaly as good as the LakeMasters.
    The Dakotas are not as nicely mapped as states like MN & WI.
    Please note I haven’t looked at what all this chip has to offer but on the boundry of water I was on (Chippewa Floawge in Dads boat) it was nice.
    Just another option to look into. 1 chip, multiple states.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

The new lowrance insight chips will not work in the H2O units. You will need to search the internet(ebay, craigslist, forms…etc) for the chips you are looking for. All the new Lakemaster chips are made for Bird.

holmsvc
    SE ND

If you are just using it on a handheld buy a navionics chip. It will cover all the states on one chip.

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

So if I were to get another hand held, what would be a good one? Not to cheap but not break the wallet?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Todd,
    I still again say before you change units, get ahold of Lowrance and see what they want for their new chip.
    It should be based on what they had with the LakeMaster chips.
    AM sure they are out already.
    Jack

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

Talk to them and there is no cards that will work with this unit except the older ones and would have to look around to find one. So looking at the lowrance endura Sierra. Not sure though. They said that isa comparable to the H2O.

tr
    Plymouth

Hi all

I have the same issue, I actually have two of the units as I was told they will lose tracking of the satlites and become useless after time. well, it happeded so I found one on craigs list and bought it. works great. but now all of my favorite spots are on the bad one and I don’t know who or how to save them and get them on the new one. I am aslo afraid of the new one gong bad. Does anyone know of a repair place other than Lowarnce that can fix them. Lowrance wants $150 just to look at it. I love the unit but now im afraid of my back up now may go bad, then I have nothing. can anyone help.
    Thanks Much

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.