Lowrance Gen 2 Touch

• mike-west
    Amery, WI

This is going to be just to “Bloddy” cool!
    I have heard nothing but good things about these and can’t wait to see one for myself.
    As my eyes worsen, Lowrance gets bigger!
    GEN 2 HDS 12

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have a hard time looking at my screens through water spots and finger prints. I can’t imagine trying to keep a touch screen clean. Funny that I just made the comment to a client last week that it would be much easier to navigate the menus if it were a touch screen.

huskerdu

Still on the fence for next year due to Hummingbirds map on my home lake. Lorance only has the DNR overlay map.
    Birds new link w/Ipilot is swinging in Birds direction.
    I have ran Lorance all my life.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Nate, I hope they do well with the touch screens.
    I personaly do not care for them, untill they get a screen that does not smear and water spot. jmo

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

Nate, I hope they do well with the touch screens.

I personaly do not care for them, untill they get a screen that does not smear and water spot. jmo

I’d suggest using a Kleenex Denny. That should help keep your Hummingbird from smearing with goobers!

turkeynate
    Iowa

Video in capability! Yeah buddy!

http://youtu.be/ppy4jj4wfx4

Plus wireless coming 1st Qtr next year

Wireless Connectivity: Navico’s GoFree Wireless module and apps for Lowrance displays are scheduled to be available for use with the HDS Gen2 Touch in early 2013. This innovative add-on hardware option provides wireless connectivity of multifunction systems, and fully interfaces with engine data, fuel information sensors and transducers, to name a few. When paired with the wireless module, users can download the GoFree Wireless apps on their iPhone, iPad and Android devices to remotely view and control their HDS Gen2 Touch displays.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

Still on the fence for next year due to Hummingbirds map on my home lake. Lorance only has the DNR overlay map.
    Birds new link w/Ipilot is swinging in Birds direction.
    I have ran Lorance all my life.

This might help!

HDS Gen2 Touch works with Lowrance’s new Insight Genesis™ – a web-based application feature (scheduled for November 2012 release) that allows users to generate their own personal high-definition bathymetric contour maps from sonar log recordings.

Basically you can create your own map with true contours as opposed to maps created from other maps. Giving you a much more accurate map.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Nate, Hasn’t Doc Samson been doing that with Doctor Depth for a while now?

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

Nate, Hasn’t Doc Samson been doing that with Doctor Depth for a while now?

A lot of guys do it with Dr Depth including me, however this new Genesis will make it so much easier. Glad to see you sticking around the Lowrance forum Denny there is still time to switch back!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I just try to stay in touch with what is going on. I’m rather happy with my birds.
    Glad this new series will be easer to deal with!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would give you the bird Denny, but sounds like you have it already.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

I just try to stay in touch with what is going on. I’m rather happy with my birds.
    Glad this new series will be easer to deal with!

More like trolling to me…

You do realize there is a forum for people like yourself right?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Nah…Denny’s not a troll. Just a misguided Iwegian.

I’m working on reforming him.

Moving back to matters at hand…TK, I’m interested in knowing more about this “Genisis” they speak off. Know anything about it?

turkeynate
    Iowa

Kind of feel like they will be using us to map lakes for them. Build up their database. Then they will show up on a new release in the insight mapping. No thanks! I’ll keep my private unmapped lakes to myself.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

This might help!

HDS Gen2 Touch works with Lowrance’s new Insight Genesis™ – a web-based application feature (scheduled for November 2012 release) that allows users to generate their own personal high-definition bathymetric contour maps from sonar log recordings.

Basically you can create your own map with true contours as opposed to maps created from other maps. Giving you a much more accurate map.

and then you say,

Quote:

A lot of guys do it with Dr Depth including me, however this new Genesis will make it so much easier. Glad to see you sticking around the Lowrance forum Denny there is still time to switch back!

Hummm, now you say,

Quote:

Kind of feel like they will be using us to map lakes for them. Build up their database. Then they will show up on a new release in the insight mapping. No thanks! I’ll keep my private unmapped lakes to myself.

I say no thanks I’ll just stick with what I have.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Oh and BK, speaking of miss guided,

turkeynate
    Iowa

How’s your ipilot link treating you? Oh wait it’s still not out… How about the 360 scanning? No? Hows the dr depth treating you? Nothing? Hang in there Denny your Obama poster will be worth something someday!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You two guys sound like your married from Iowa…wait! Oh never mind…

All I know for sure are two things about these two brands.

1) They are way too expensive for what they do.

2) Never before in the history of fishing has fishing technology changed as fast as it is with this competition.

Just look at Lowrance. Gen 2 comes out last spring and now the Touch (with all it’s other new features) comes out in the fall. Barley 6 months.

The whole ‘Bird/Lowrance competition is a huge win for the consumer. It’s an amazing time for electronics in the fishing world!!

Whether your from IA or MN! LOL!

turkeynate
    Iowa

Couldn’t agree with you more BK…. Except the married from iowa part! Ha! That was pretty funny!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.