Lowrance 532C Issue

• hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

I had boat on the water for the first time this year and had issues with depth changing non stop on screen. It would read correctly than go to 148ft back to 2ft then read correctly and back to all over. I check transducer and connections all good? I had this problem last fall and re set it and worked good till now again. Re set and no go, does anyone have any idea how to fix?

Tucker02
    Mn

It might be your transducer. I had similar issues and changed the transducer, problem solved. I think lowrance has had issues with transducers going bad on occassion. Good luck.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Moving or stationary? Or both? If only moving is it possible that the transducer got bumped or moved? If both, it’s probably the transducer.

nord

If you have a Lowrance you can bet it’s probably the transducer. I have 3 Lowrance graphs in my boat. After four years I now have gone through 8 transducers. This is really getting old. I will be giving Lowrance another phone call shortly. My next one will probably be a Hummingbird.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

The depth changes both moving and sitting. I guess will have to get new transducer. Least I did have a Hummingbird to use on my console also Saturday!

Hilltopper
    LaCrosse, WI

if you have more than one ducer on your boat they maybe bouncing off of each other if they are on the same freq. change the freq. on one and see if it helps. I had the same problem.

115Opti
    Phillips, WI

I had the same problem with my 522c. Transducer was bad. A friend had a similar problem and recommended that I caulk around the housing where the wire enters. I did this on a new transducer and has been worry free since.

skeeter101
    Oak Grove, MN

Quote:

If you have a Lowrance you can bet it’s probably the transducer. I have 3 Lowrance graphs in my boat. After four years I now have gone through 8 transducers. This is really getting old. I will be giving Lowrance another phone call shortly. My next one will probably be a Hummingbird.

X2!!! Agreed, I have had multiple issues with all of my 3 lowrance graphs from total replacement to I don’t know how many transducers! Even the new ones that are not supposed to have the same problem!! My next graphs will definitley be Humminbird, because every one I know has had multiple issues with their junk!! I would say buy another transducer like the multiple ones I’ve had to buy!

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Same problem with my Lowrace 332! I fished a whole summer without a depth finder because it was being sent back and forth for repairs. They sent two ducers in that time also to try to solve the problem. I bought a Humminbird two years ago to replace it. No problems now!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.