Lowrance HDS Live with Active Target Transducer — No source

• CaptainMusky

I bought 2 new HDS LIve units and the Active Target Transducer setup. I bought a shuttle that I have the black box, battery installed on and when I hook everything up and after adding the Active Target Feature in the settings it says “No Source”. I am pretty sure I have everything hooked up correctly.
    I read online that there is supposed to be a green light on the box if its powered, but I see nothing. I dont see anywhere there would even be a light.
    Any ideas?

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Do you have an on/off switch wired? You need to be able to turn the black box on. Also don’t forget to wire that pesky yellow wire in with the red, otherwise it won’t power on either.

Green light is on top of the black box.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

How long does it continue to display the “no source” message? There is a delay between putting power to the black box, selecting active target feature, and when the actual display (for active target) comes “online”. Everything else seems to fire up much faster than the active target feature.

CaptainMusky

Thanks guys! Well I appear to have at least one wiring issue then. Yes, there is a on off switch which works fine. I had read online that the yellow wires needed to be wired together no yellow and red so that is likely my issue.
    I am guessing the yellow wire from the Active Target transducer to the red of the power supply?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I had read online that the yellow wires needed to be wired together no yellow and red so that is likely my issue.
    I am guessing the yellow wire from the Active Target transducer to the red of the power supply?

No need to guess, the installation manual covers this in detail on pages #24 and #25.

(A) The unit will turn ON/OFF when power is applied/removed.
    Connect the yellow wire to the red wire via a switch after the fuse.

OR

(B)By connecting the yellow wire to a display unit’s yellow wire, the sonar
    module will turn on the moment the display unit is powered up.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried wiring the yellow and red wire from the active target to a red wire from the switch. Didnt work. Then I tried the yellow from active target to yellow from GPS unit which Dave said above and that didnt work. No lights at all on the box. I will mess around with it a bit more and see what I may have done wrong here but clearly the box is not getting power. There are no lights whatsoever and apparently there should be multiple lights.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Put a multimeter on it and make sure you’re getting power to the red & yellow wires, after the switch. So when it’s switched on, there’s power, when it’s switched off, there’s no power.

I’m assuming you have an ethernet cable plugged in to the unit from the Active Target box that you’re trying to access AT on?

CaptainMusky

Yes Ethernet cable is connected and the active target transducer is plugged into the black box. I think I have it narrowed down to what the issue is. I see 3 yellow wires. Not all are connected to anything so I’m going to start there. I hate electrical.

CaptainMusky

Thank you Dave! I will watch later. This site is great there is always someone who has ideas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.