LOW & Rainey River?

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Anyone been up fishing this week? We are headed up Friday for the weekend. With everyone packing it in for the season it only makes sence to grab the boat and head north.

Good luck Mike, you got a good time to go.

This is not me, you can tell by the picture… grin

“This one was on Sunday – on Rainy River by Baudette. I was using a 3/4 flasher jig (which seemed to truly be the ticket for the big girls) in 16 feet.”

Hope that helps you dial it in…from Nicole wink

Attachments:
    1. Nicole-Stone.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Seen that one and a few others on Facebook this last week or so. My neighbor has been out a few times this week getting decent fish but nothing that big.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I just got back a week ago yesterday. We were up there the 19th through the 24th (2 travel days). We had 1 decent day of fishing (on the lake), not hot and not dead like the other 3 days on the river were. River water level was at the tops of the resorts docks or over. We had winds from the next century and river currents as fast or faster than I’ve ever experienced in 21 years. Worst trip up there for us.

With that said, there were numbers and sizes that were landed just before we got there and the week prior. SO as they say “Y’all should have been here yesterday!” hah flame not funny.

jonesry09

Was thinking about towing the boat up to fish Friday and in between the deer sits. Wasn’t really wanting to venture outside the river much, if at all. Anybody been in the last few days? Worth it?
    Sounds like the river is still pretty high and moving fast unfortunately.

dbright
    Cambridge

If you are ok with the temps I wouldn’t be afraid to hit the river it was good to us over the weekend. Water is definitely high but clarity is good. It was surprising how fast of current we caught some of are bigger fish from. Any slow water spots we tried held plenty of smaller fish. Jigs from 1/4 to 1oz and plastics caught almost all are fish.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.