LOST T-8 engine cowl

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

One of the worst feelings we have is when we do something silly and it costs us money, today I’m that guy.
    Driving north on the Hwy 61 bridge just outside of Hastings, about 9 a.m. I lost the cowl off my T-8. I until didn’t realize it until the next lane told me it happened. I Immediately turned around and went back to look for it but it was already gone, maybe 6 minutes. If anyone happened to discover it I’d appreciate getting it back, it looks stupid driving down the road with no cowl. You can contact me here or I left messages at the police dept. and KDWA radio. I have no face book if anyone sees it there please remember me. Thank you Anyone have 1 for sale??? cell is 651 437 5252

Billy whiteshoes

I did the same thing with my T8 about 10 years ago on my way to Mille lacs. I pulled cranks the entire day with a kicker without a hood. I posted it on a different site and crazy enough someone who was on that site picked it up. A little road rash but fully functional. I will never forget to double check that front lip again.

Hope you have a similar experience, good luck!

Graham Redshaw

Check the fishing minnesota facebook page. someone posted they had picked one up. Also on the hastings, MN Community page.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Check the fishing minnesota facebook page. someone posted they had picked one up. Also on the hastings, MN Community page.

He mentioned not having a FB account.

If there is contact info in there, please post it here!

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Found the post on the Hastings Community page. Cover found on the Hastings Bridge this morning. If you PM me your phone or contact info I will pass it on the to person who has it.

-J.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I messaged the person that posted they found the hood in the Hastings Page with a link to this forum post.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I messaged the person that posted they found the hood in the Hastings Page with a link to this forum post.

Super. Lets hope for a happy ending!

-J.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

hello my cell is 651 437 5252 Pk Peters

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Were you coming to, or leaving Hastings?
    I’ll keep an eye out.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looking like drifter will be getting his hood back. Nice to see there are a lot of good folks out there! bow

-J.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

We’ve made contact and will be getting my hood back tonight, not sure what it looks like but it’s still better than explaining my stupidity to the fw and asking for more allowance. haha Thanks to everyone who helped me today. It’s good to know the IDO people are straight shooters and respectful to others.

The hood has been recovered, thanks again to everyone who made it possible and for all your help and communication

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I did the same thing after changing oil. Headed to the Mississippi an got to the launch and no cover. Oh well what are you going to do fished the day and looked at the ditches on the way home only to find in in the ditch about 1/4 from my home a few scratches but nothing to worry about it. Glad you found yours!!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Awesome work everyone!

MikeV

This is what I did after the suggestions of some forum members on another site to keep the cover from flying off and discourage / slow down theft.

Tamper proof stainless screw. I purchased at Lowe’s

Drill carefully. Counter sunk to make it look right. I can’t remember the size but want to say #8 x 1 1/2”?? I cut it down so it doesn’t go too far into the engine compartment.

Attachments:
    1. 08310D75-3FB6-4CED-B83F-1DD8E6B08C8A.jpeg

2. D254EA6E-3B33-4162-A372-8E4BDE994FE3.jpeg

3. 4C24F118-1E16-4FAC-AA93-7012EC295C01.jpeg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.