lost my dog but now I found a puppy!

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

I asked for advice a while back when my dog was sick. She ended up having cancer and we had to put her down. We were vacationing around Hayward WI and ran across some rescued pups. One looked just like the old girl we loved so much. You can’t replace a good dog but having a new one that looks very much like her is a blessing. We named her Sophie.

Attachments:
    1. Sophie.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Talk about puppy-eyes. I’m sure that pooch will have a great life in her new home

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

So Cute, what a blessing

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Whiskerkev,

Did they have a whole litter there or was she the only one?

Thanks,

FDR

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

We did the same thing when we lost our Dublin in January. The first week we spent saying it would be years before we got a new pup. After a month we missed having a dog so much the decision was made. We got a rescue that reminded us of the old boy.

The biggest adjustment we had is that he’s not the same dog, not by a mile… and he needed a TON of training. You forget what it’s like to have a puppy.

Congrat’s on the new pup.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats! Good lookin’ pup there.

-J.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

There were four pups. I think one was from a different litter and it was adopted right before we waded in. We went back to Hayward the next day and the booth was gone so I think the all adopted. A hundred bucks was the fee and some shots already done. Apparently, they raided a farm with many starving animals. Sophie’s mom had killed and consumed several of her siblings. She has a canine tooth wound/scar on the top of her head that bears witness to the ordeal she must have known. She is playful and is unbelievably well trained for 6 weeks. I couldn’t believe it when she yips at the back door to go outside to drop one off. Only one accident so far and it was our fault for not hearing her message. Doesn’t even whine in the crate. Little booger did bite my nose this morning and now I have a cut on my shnoz.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

That should teach you to keep you schnoz outta there!

Sorry to hear about your old dog getting cancer.
    Congrats on the new pup!

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

If I let my wife see that picture we’d have another dog in the house within the week….

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Comon !! Have a little mercy.

jerry b
    western WI

Something about those labs that will melt the hardest of hearts- – ;) jerr

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Imagine how much better the pup’s life, and your family’s will be because of stumbling across that booth. While the pup transition is interesting at times, like kids… it goes quick, and is something to enjoy and appreciate. Those eyes have pure love in them….. cool.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If I let my wife see that picture we’d have another dog in the house within the week….

That’s just what I was thinking. That is a fantastic photo!

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I’ve come back to this post about ten times just to look at that face!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.