Lost best friend

• Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

As the title says my best friend and fishing buddy was fishing last Friday on a local river and was thrown from boat after hitting an object and as of today still not found! He has 4 young children and a wife at home. I cant tell you how much it hurts to type this today. He was an admin of a fishing site Missin Fish Outdoors. There has been several articles posted on the site and if you scroll down through posts you will see a go fund me page for his family as he is the sole provider for the family. Thanks in advance for any donations and prayers as he has an amazing family and group of friends. Bob Spitz

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My condolences to friends and family.

We need to be safe out there.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I saw this elsewhere.

My condolences go to his family and you in dealing with this loss.

Spring water can be unforgiving, so please be careful and safe out there fishing.

B-man

Horrible news Bob, I’m so sorry to hear that my friend.

The day we had our boys I committed to wearing an inflatable 100% of the time in a boat. I never want my family to ever have to go through the tragedy you’re suffering through.

Such a horrible outcome for everyone involved, you’ll be in my thoughts

Sylvanboat

Was he wearing a life vest? If not a reminder to us all.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just looked him up on his facebook page Missin Fish Outdoors. The Christmas pic of him and his family is just a heartbreaker…. bawling Sorry you lost your best friend. Hoping for a quick recovery.

-J.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Sorry to hear this news! Terrible for the family and his friends! My condolences!

grizzly
    nebraska

.36 cents when I started driving in 1972 if I remember right

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

That’s terrible to hear. My condolences.

munchy
    NULL

Wow, sorry to hear that Bob. Condolences to everyone who knew him.

Deleted

Condolences. Terrible story. I fell last year fishing alone. Hit my head on the corner by the livewell. Woke up seeing clouds & the sky and I have pledged to wear a life jacket from now on, whenever I’m in the boat.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

We live just North of where this happened. So devastating to hear, and are deeply hurt for his daughters and wife. May God be with them all and help carry them through this tragedy.

B-man

Morning bump for Adam’s family. I know we’re all tightening our belts right now, but if any of you can spare even $5 or $10 or $20 it will help.

They have a long way to go to reach their goal, anything will be appreciated. I don’t personally know the family, but it could happen to any of us.

As a fisherman, he was a brother to all of us.

Thanks guys and take care, bless all that can help.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Sorry to hear. Condolences to family and friends.
    So sad and so preventable.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.