Looking for Report on Ice/Snow conditions Devil's Lake ND

• icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

We are heading out on Friday for Devils, just wondering what the travel conditions are? Should be plenty of ice, just wondering if 4Wheel Drive truck travel is good?

Thanks

Loren I Duerr

Left there last Friday ahead of a storm predicting 10 in of snow. Travel was scary at best with a 4 wd truck. Lots of people stuck as snow was soft and lots of drifts that are hard to judge. If you go slow and watch very careful you can get around. Take a good shovel and strap. Looks like they may get another 3 in Friday. Good Luck. BTW fishing sucked worst trip ever.

Loren I Duerr

Forgot 1 detail Lots of ice (36 in + snow) take auger extension.

Just got back from DL this afternoon. Fished Sat, Sun, Mon and had a FW Drive pick-up out on the ice. Got stuck 1 time in the 3 days we fished. Plenty of ice, 40″ in most spots – needed an extension for auger.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

shouldnt be a problem getting around,some of the acess’ are getting sloppy but once on ice should be fine,we’re looking at cooler temps over the holiday so that should keep access fairly good.

nblasius
    SE South Dakota

We drove around on atvs the last three days. Should have no problem.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

thanks guys, we will be bring wheelers but it would be nice to have the truck for my 82 year old uncle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.