looking for a trip to canada, need suggestions

• Pete S

Looking for a drive-in trip 6-8 hours from the cities, likely have 6-8 people, majority don’t own their own equipment. Any suggestions where we can get boats, decent cabins, etc. Not a high brow group just been one of my dad’s bucket list trips and he’s not getting any younger. Any recommendations are welcome

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Tomahawk Resort on the Canadian side of LOTW. Excellent cabins, great boats, fantastic docks. Very top notch operation. Won’t be the cheapest you can find but it will be a trip dad remembers for the right reasons.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Are you interested in an easy fly in? Northwest Charters is in Nestor falls which is 6 hours from the cities. All of their lakes are less than an hour flight and comparable to any of the resorts for price. Could make for a great bucket list trip.

DTW

Must do, WitchBay Camp. Lake of the Woods. I brought my dad there for the first time this year and me too because the other resorts in Sioux narrows closed. Witchbay is located between Sioux Narrows and Kenora. Top notch place and reasonable. They have Cabins with Bathrooms or Cabins without but with a shower house outside. Everything is included. They even clean your fish. You can also go out with a guide at no extra charge. Guides are there at breakfast and dinner if you just want to ask questions. The fishing is great right down that bay. No need to boat for miles

Girls bring you coffee to your cabins first thing in the morning, if your still sleeping they leave it in the kitchen. Dock boys actually run when they see you coming in from fishing to take your fish and help with docking.
    and anything you need.

Gail and Stteve are the owners and you leave feeling like your family. I have stayed at tomahawk. Very Nice Place, Family owned but no food there or much for restaurants around and the good fishing is not in that area so you have to boat a ways to get to good walleye. Prices are higher too. I have also stayed at Totem. Stay away. I have also stayed at Red Lodge and White Birch in Sioux narrows but they have since closed in the last 3 years.

Average age of their clients are well into there 60’s. My dad is 84 and absolutely loved it. The reason I say this is that is it is nice and quiet.

Its about 3 hours from I falls. If you go I would like to here your thoughts. Good Luck!

DTW

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.