Looking for a new walleye rod

• meateater94
    Minnesota

I’m looking for a new rod for walleyes. I don’t know if I want to spend the money and get a TUCR yet. Any suggestions on action/length/brands? I’m looking at the St Croix premier line but can’t find much feedback on them

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

St. Croix is my choice. I was actually going to go to mills today and pick one up! They’re on sale too! I like the ML action and personally a longer rod 28″ or more

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I really like the Dave Genz split handle rod. Super sensitive and has a quick tip and plenty of backbone.

walleyehunter

once you go custom you will never go back. I ordered the tucr precision this season and let me tell you, this rod is unreal. I love it and I really have a tough time using my scheels rods or my st Croix rod.

meateater94
    Minnesota

once you go custom you will never go back. I ordered the tucr precision this season and let me tell you, this rod is unreal. I love it and I really have a tough time using my scheels rods or my st Croix rod.

How do you order those tucr rods? I was looking on their website and you can pick a length and thread color but what about action?

crappieguy

Call up the rep for your area… don’t waste your time researching or on their site. Just call and they’ll set you straight.

Insanely awesome customer service

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes calling works well. Our website is being worked on every day a little bit to improve the information.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I can’t speak for the TUCR’s, but I can and will say I LOVE my St. Croix’s of all shapes and sizes! Hard or soft water. yay

lundojam

Walleye Sweetheart from Thorne Bros.

toxic11

I own both tucr and and dh custom rods. I can say that both rods are great. I got the perch pounder from dh and it works awesome on walleye fishing with spoons and bigger jigs. The precision rod from tucr does the exact same thing at the same performance. I got it in 30″ wishing now that I got it 32-34 inches.

Paul Delaney

This ice season I have been using TUCR both the precision and the power precision. While the precision will do the job for you the power precision will give you that little bit of extra strength that you may need when fishing larger walleyes or using heavier baits. Hope this helps you make a decision.

meateater94
    Minnesota

I bought a st Croix yesterday just cause the price was right but this doesn’t mean I won’t buy a TUCR before the end of the season! They sound awesome and worth every bit of the money

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.