Live Stream Pulling 50Ton Crhis Craft off of Mtka…..

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They couldn’t store it because the previous owner told the marina they weren’t coming back. So the marina gave another boat access to the trailer they stored it on. Then the previous owner decided to sell it to the current owner, and he got a trailer built for it which was delivered in December. The trailer turned out to be a POS that is nowhere near roadworthy. Unless the owner required the design for the trailer, I don’t think you can pin it all on the owner.
    [/quote]

Heavy haul Is available and able to move rigs like that. Tough luck if they bought it mid summer and had a bad plan. It’s still the responsibility of the 2 owners to build a plan or have a plan b.
    They city isn’t going to turn down permits to move something that they want gone. They will charge big money I bet. But thats the gamble for owning a charter boat.

munchy
    NULL

Aren’t there winter weight restrictions on most roads nowadays? May that be part of the problem with hiring legitimate heavy haul companies?

Mark Anderson

Aren’t there winter weight restrictions on most roads nowadays? May that be part of the problem with hiring legitimate heavy haul companies? [/uote]

The road restrictions typically start about March 1st to the 15, and run until May 1st til the 15th to coincide with the frost coming out.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Most of the time they will even give over weight permits in the winter depending on bridges along the route.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Aren’t there winter weight restrictions on most roads nowadays? May that be part of the problem with hiring legitimate heavy haul companies?

No the spring, has nothing to do with winter. It’s the thaw of the frost lines is when they protect the roads and limit weight

munchy
    NULL

Alright, I never really paid attention to the dates, just knew they had some restrictions.

I did see last night that as late as October they were planning on leaving the boat in the water and bubbling it. During an inspection they found an oil leak and were forced to pull it.

Also it sounds like the Commercial Vehicle Inspectors wont let the boat move. They say the trailer is overloaded, and improperly designed, even though they only want to move it a couple blocks(slowly) to storage.

I believe it was said the reason they didn’t use a heavy hauler was because it was the busy season and they were all booked. Now the boat is stuck on the trailer.

Not totally defending the owner for this cluster, just saying that sometimes the dominos don’t want line up no matter what you try.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Alright, I never really paid attention to the dates, just knew they had some restrictions.

I did see last night that as late as October they were planning on leaving the boat in the water and bubbling it. During an inspection they found an oil leak and were forced to pull it.

Also it sounds like the Commercial Vehicle Inspectors wont let the boat move. They say the trailer is overloaded, and improperly designed, even though they only want to move it a couple blocks(slowly) to storage.

I believe it was said the reason they didn’t use a heavy hauler was because it was the busy season and they were all booked. Now the boat is stuck on the trailer.

Not totally defending the owner for this cluster, just saying that sometimes the dominos don’t want line up no matter what you try.

That would suck lol. Glad my boat is 17 ft

matt

Appparantly the marina told the guy before he purchased the boat back in June that they would no longer be storing this big of boat any longer.No matter what the circumstances are that brought about its prolonged storage at a public access site its now been abandoned there for quite awhile.County should remove it and charge owner removal/disposal fees.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Plain and simple, there are services local that can deal with hauling this boat immediately.
    This owner IS d!cking around and should have a huge fine to pay.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Still there as of yesterday. rotflol rotflol
    Maybe it’s going to be a permanent monument of some sort.

Attachments:
    1. big-boat.png

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.