Little Life Break and Career Opportunity

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Fellas, some of you have noticed that I took a little break from IDO and I just wanted to update everyone since for many of us this is our only forum of interaction. After just about 12 years working with State Farm, helping many of my fellow IDO’ers (THANK YOU!), I had an awesome opportunity in Commercial Insurance come up, and I took the leap into that opportunity. I’m very excited about it, for both me and my family. Part of that process was a 3 week paid vacation, which was awesome and I’d encourage any of you to take advantage of, if ever given the opportunity! I did a ton of golfing, spent a lot of time up north with the fam, and really got a lot of things on the Honey-Do list done. Hopefully my FW understands that level of production was due to a unique situation, and cannot be maintained! rotflol Glad to be back working and chirping in on here periodically. Thanks, BW

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Glad your in a good place BW! Congrats on the new position.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

12 years? Jeez. Hopefully that translates to more time in the tree over bow season waytogo

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Congrats bigwerm and good luck on the change waytogo

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Congrats BigWerm. I needed a break from the site a few weeks ago also. Always good to spend some time away from things and clear the mind.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good luck with the new venture. Change can be good. Your next step will be owning your own shop, whether you buy an existing office or starting from scratch.

Needing a break from the on-line forums is mostly because people take themselves and their opinions far to seriously. Other people really don’t care what others think for the most part. Laughter is good, doesn’t matter if you are laughing at yourself or somebody else. grin

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m guessing you are still with State Farm just now on the Commercial side?

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

What is golf being talked about here? This is a fishing site isn’t it?!?!?

Congrats on the new gig. I love working commercial insurance.

MX1825

Good for you BW. Best of luck in your new adventure.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Good for you Werm. Glad you got a good chunk away, that’s great for everyone, and I’m sure the family loved it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thanks everyone, the break from IDO was more just based on being busy living life. I still checked in periodically.

I’m guessing you are still with State Farm just now on the Commercial side?

No, a different company and am a broker, so I can shop a number of companies now.

What perfect timing in our state to move away from personal lines!

It is a crazy time in insurance for sure, but a lot of the same issues on the commercial side as personal.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Are you talking WC and GL?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Are you talking WC and GL?

Yessir. And pretty much whatever else a business may need.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks everyone, the break from IDO was more just based on being busy living life.

I thought you just might of ran out of gas or something. whistling

MX1825

I thought you just might of ran out of gas or something. whistling
    [/quote]

OK BK let everyone else in on the joke/story.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

BK has left the building.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Congrats and best of luck in the new adventure !!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Congrats on the commercial insurance opportunity! What perfect timing in our state to move away from personal lines!

Its not a easy place to be doing business in the insurance industry these days, That’s for sure. I guess it could be worse, We could be in Florida or California.
    doah

big_g
    Isle, MN

Congrats on the new Venture !!! waytogo

CaptainMusky

Good luck Werm! Sounds exciting for you and glad to have you back. A 3 week vacation sounds exhausting though LOL

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.