Lifetime Coolers – Walmart

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Has anyone tried those Lifetime Hardside coolers at Walmart? I don’t need 7 day ice retention, but maybe a slight step up from the Coleman Extremes that I am used to (although nothing wrong with them IMO)

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’ve been looking at these as well, and I THINK that they are made by either Pelican or Mammoth, which are both USA made coolers. They seem pretty legit in comparison to their Ozark brand which are MIC.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have 1 and its had a very hard life. For little over a year I’ve been abusing it. I cant remember I believe its a 55. Id buy another in a heart beat.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I have 2 of the lifetime coolers and they are a very good product especially for the money. I also would buy more if I need more coolers.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I also have a 55 gallon. Keeps things cool for a long time. I really like mine and want to get a smaller one for day/weekend fishing trips. I’ve only had one for a month or two so I can’t speak to the durability but it seems sturdy and well made.

michael keehr

I have both. I like both but if had to choose 1 it would be the ozark. The lifetime cooler is blow molded not roto molded. I have used both in the boat and if you stand on the lifetime the lid flexes. I try not to stand on either but sometimes you do. The latches on the lifetime are way nicer, but in my experience I’ve lasts longer in the ozark

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I have 1. Also the 55. I like it. Love the latches. Bought it on sale. It’s better than my Coleman extreme for ice retention. Only drawback is weight.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I also have a 55 gallon. Keeps things cool for a long time. I really like mine and want to get a smaller one for day/weekend fishing trips. I’ve only had one for a month or two so I can’t speak to the durability but it seems sturdy and well made.

55 gallon? Does it come with a dolly to move it? Lol

lindyrig79

Thanks for the input. I just bought a 55 quart. Seems like it is well built and like the latches and weight is somewhat lower than other brands for similar size. Next step is to test it out toast

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

In light of the Yeti Cooler discussion, I’m bumping this one to the top.

I have the LT 55 quart version and am really happy with the cooler. Great price and made in the USA.

I know Grouse mentioned the only use for his roto molded cooler is week long trips. But I use mine in the boat as a seat with a seat cushion and also to stand on for long casts from the jon boat. Thing is rock solid. Also, when this cooler is latched up closed, it would float 2 guys in the water if the boat ever went down!

How are your LT coolers holding up?

-J.

lindyrig79

Mine is holding up great and have been thinking about buying another one in smaller size. Latches still work perfectly. Quite happy with it.

RT
    Twin Cities

A great cooler, especially considering the cost!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine is still living the hard life and rocking at it

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I bought the 55 this year and think it’s a great cooler. Have no idea why you would spend more for a different cooler.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Still loving mine! Recently spent three days two nights and Itasca State Park. Still had a ice block in the cooler after I got back home. Had four boys with me and couldn’t count how many times the cooler was opened and closed just to see if anything new was in it. I’d buy another one today if I had to.

#whoneedsayeti. whistling

Adam Steffes

I have one that is nearly perfect after 4 years of camping. Awesome cooler, no regrets.

Coletrain27

I have a ozark trail roto mold from wal mart and I have no complaints

FinickyFish

Think you’ll be just fine with a Lifetime if your just looking for a step up and know what to expect with the extra weight. Lots of good reviews. I run the Ozark Trail and have gone 5 straight says sitting outside in the South Dakota heat and still had ice to spare. On top of that the latches haven’t broke. Definitely worth the price.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Is Lifetime and Ozark Trail the same? If not, one better than the other?

FinickyFish

Is Lifetime and Ozark Trail the same? If not, one better than the other?

They’re different. I would just buy whichever is on sale. There are good reviews on both.

Gregg Gunter

There are a couple YouTube videos by “Coolers On Sale” that show great results for Lifetime coolers. One is budget coolers under $100, and the other is roto molded coolers. I’d post a link but haven’t figured out how to do that.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

just purchased a 77qt lifetime cooler. based on the measurements should fit in a bear box. spent a long time researching and came down to the Igloo BMX 72, RTIC 52 ultra lite (currently on sale), and this lifetime cooler. All coolers were around the same price

Also considered the lifetime 55qt. which was about $60 cheaper. Ultimately i wanted the larger size of the 77qt. Helped that i had some gift cards to use

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My grizzly life time and yetti all work equally as good. If I’d do it all over again I wouldn’t buy spendy yetti and grizzly coolers. Especially yetti. What a overrated cooler.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

How do the prices of the Walmart stuff compare to the RTIC stuff?

Agree 100% that the Yeti is no better than the RTIC for sure.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My grizzly life time and yetti all work equally as good. If I’d do it all over again I wouldn’t buy spendy yetti and grizzly coolers. Especially yetti. What a overrated cooler.

glad to hear your lifetime cooler is holding up and working as advertised. i know you put yours through the ringer

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How do the prices of the Walmart stuff compare to the RTIC stuff?

Agree 100% that the Yeti is no better than the RTIC for sure.

The lifetime is over 100 cheaper when comparing 55 or 52 qt size. But my life time I though was 100 bucks. I see it’s now listed at 180 so either 100 or 180 cheaper.. I have a rtic as well because my buddy is a engineer at polaris and he gets them for next to nothing. They are all very comparable.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

glad to hear your lifetime cooler is holding up and working as advertised. i know you put yours through the ringer

I still put it through the ringer. I’m most impressed a strap or hinge hasn’t given out yet

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I have a 55 RTIC and I love it. I also have a Maluna 22 (Christmas gift from work) and love it. I also have an Ozark Trail 26 and love it.

You’re a goof if you’re paying Yeti prices!

Stanley

I have a yeti and artic they are both the same size and I think the artic is better. We bought the yeti first but I won’t buy another one. Like mentioned they are overrated and overpriced compared to other coolers on the market now.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just looked.

The RTIC lighter 52 quart is $179, and the Lifetime 55 quart that’s a little heavier is $159. The Yeti 45 which is a little smaller is $325.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.