Lefty Youth Slug Recomendations?

• Slipbob nick

Have the little guy a inexpensive single shot that’s worked well for grouse. Barrel is pretty short and the sight is just a bead not optimal for deer. Anyone have experience with something that has worked well for a left handed kid for slugs? So far besides single shots using a right handed pump has been recommended mainly have seen mossberg which I could be biased but haven’t seen the greatest performance from those I know with them granted most I know with them are older ones.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I shoot lefty and always have shot right handed guns, it’s not that bad. Finding youth models is fairly difficult in general right now, but a youth lefty is a unicorn. I recently got a REM 1100 youth model second hand for the kids, and am now trying to track down a slug barrel.

Brad Dimond

Ithaca Deerslayer and BPS Micro Midas are both bottom eject and made in 20 gauge.
    Tough to find but worth looking for. Alternately, have the single shot tapped for a scope, put a 4x fixed scope on it.

TMF89

Probably too expensive for what you’re looking for, but I absolutely love my Savage 220 left-handed model. Not a youth model, but they come with a bunch of different sized spacers to adjust length of pull, and it’s relatively easy to work with since it’s basically a large caliber bolt action rifle. Super accurate and can shoot 20 gauge sabots all day long without feeling it at all.

MNdrifter

I bought my left handed son an 870, then ordered a Hastings slug barrel. They we’re the only option I could find for left handed Remington. But he’s almost as tall as me. So not a youth gun though. He’s on the left in picture.

Attachments:
    1. 1D53B46A-7FBF-4D08-89A1-7968B7188C7C.jpeg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.