Larson FX Boats – Opinions?

• Dustin Tichy

Boat launch etiquette – wrecked another guys experience, if this is true….sad.

That is too bad, too many people get crazy at the ramp. More people should just offer a hand or sit back and take a second to enjoy the fact that they will soon be on the water. Oh well, you got a great looking boat, enjoy! Spring can not get here soon enough!

rolland sayler

leave a review once you get it out on the water, we are actually heading down to a dealer next week to look at a 1750dc , ive researched te larson fx boats as much as possible trying to find any insight..i have found a few helpful responses, overall it sounds like that most of the guys that have owned or do own one has been happy..if we end up grabbing one from the dealer we may send it out to get aqua traction installed…

Chris Young

Been a long time since the OP posted this, but I’d love to hear if anyone has any thoughts on this boat? I’m thinking about buying one and am wondering how it worked out for the OP?

toddrun

I did end up purchasing the Larson FX1750DC, it was too good of a deal to pass up. I really like the boat, it performs perfectly for how I fish, and at the price it is much better than any aluminum boat I have ever fished in. It is heavy, so maxing out the outboard is suggested. I have a 115hp and its max is 150hp, wish it had the 150hp, but it works fine. Only issue I have is that it does not have really long rod lockers. In today’s world of 7′ and longer rods, this boat does not store them well, but a few modifications and it can work.

I really like the boat, especially at the price I bought mine. It is kind of a sleeper, especially since Polaris bought them out and buried the brand. I still think you will see a Polaris boat some day, with this hull and a Polaris outboard.

Chris Young

Thank you for responding! I ended up buying mine too. It has a 150 Mercury with low hours (164 hours). Seems to be well cared for and I pulled the trigger on buying it even though I haven’t been able to see it in person (my buddy went and looked at it for me). It’s got an Ultrex up front that I’m really looking forward to trying out this spring.

Ripjiggen

Don’t put anything in storage you don’t want to get wet. My buddies storage compartments leak like a sieve.

toddrun

I have owned mine for over 3 years now, I have not had any storage leakage problems at all. Only really issue I have had is the back filling of the rear live well, always has water in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.