8-23-13 & 8-25-13 Report

• just-fish
    Portage, Wi

A quick report from the weekend. Managed a couple of trips Friday night and Sunday night. Fished both nights from about 5:30 to dark and trolled crankbaits from 8-12 fow with pretty good succes. The walleye and sauger bite is really pretty good for this time of year as it can get down right tough in late August and early September.

Friday night ended up with 2 15″ saugers and 5 others between 13 and 14-3/4. Also in the mix were about a dozen big white bass and 3 nice crappies.

Sunday night was about the same 8 sauger & walleye total with 3 keeper. Of the 5 throw backs 4 were between 14-1/2″ and 14-7/8″. Fewer stripers this night but did get 6 nice crappies.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice catch Jeff!

Looks like your training your daughter well there. She sure doesn’t appear to have any fear when it comes to holding up a couple fish for a picture.

just-fish
    Portage, Wi

I had to coax her a little bit to hold them like that but she did a good job. She was the only one of my bunch that wanted to go out Friday night and it turned into a fun evening. She realed in almost every fish and I kept her pretty busy for most of the night. Good time for both of us!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.